Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Friday, January 4, 2013
Gluten Free Grain Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
Let's kick the new year off with a favorite healthy treat!
First off let's not judge the ingredients!
These are pretty amazing considering what the ingredients consist of.
Even the Hubby and kids love them!
These are a fantastic little dessert or after school treat with no wheat and very high in protein from the chickpeas! Yes, I said it chickpeas!
I told you please don't judge these are actually a very good little treat if your trying to eat healthier in the New Year!
They taste like a doughy peanut butter chocolate chip ball and are best straight out of the oven!
Wash and drain chick pea's well.
Add peanut butter, vanilla, 1/2 cup brown sugar (or 1/4 cup Honey or Agave), baking powder, and a pinch of sea salt to the food processor or blender.
I was all out of honey and agave this time so I used brown sugar.
Pulse to break up chickpeas and then blend until smooth and creamy.
Stir in chocolate chips.
To be honest this dough is pretty incredible at this point as is. No eggs so go ahead and take a taste or two!
Scoop out 1" or 1 1/2" balls onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
The original recipe calls for 1 1/2" balls but I like little round bites to pop in my mouth!
A very special thanks to Texanerin Baking which this recipe was adapted from.
GF Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
Recipe adapted from Texanerin Baking
Prep time: PT8M
Cook time: PT12M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 24 Cookies
- 15 ounce Canned Chickpeas, Rinsed And Drained Well
- 3/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar or 1/4 cup Agave or Honey
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder Gluten Free
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Or Dark Chocolate Chips Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla in a food processor or a blender. Pulse to combined and then process until smooth like cookie dough, scrape the sides as needed to make a uniform texture.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop make 1" balls and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool for about 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy cookies warm.