Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Monday, January 14, 2013
We are some salsa loving fools in our house!
We could all be stranded on a deserted island and as long as we had Mexican food and different kinds of Salsa and Pico De Gallo we could easily last a year or two!
This Mango salsa has been a staple in our house and I'm sure it will be in yours too!
Chop finely 1/2 a medium sized red onion.
Add 1 bunch cilantro chopped.
Ok this is where the pictures drop off... Colt promised he would take the rest of the pictures in exchange for me going to watch the Seahawks game because his football superstition was they would only win if I watched... Funny men and their football superstitions!
I hope I'm not the only one living with this kind of expectation!
Ok back to the salsa now imagine in your head, since I was lucky to get a picture of the final product me(ok Colt) adding 3 diced large Mangoes, peeled.
1 Jalapeno, seeded for less heat and leave the seeds for a hotter salsa!
Then slowly squeezing 3 whole limes juiced over the top and 1/2 of an orange, juiced.
Sprinkle with sea salt and toss to combine.
This salsa only becomes better as it refrigerates!
Serve immediately or refrigerate for later!
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Mango SalsaPrep time: PT8M
Total time: PT8M
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 whole Red Onion Medium Sized, Chopped Finely
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 3 whole Mangoes, Peeled and Diced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded For Less Heat And Leave The Seeds For A Hotter Salsa
- 3 whole Limes, Juiced
- 1/2 whole Orange, Juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Serve immediately or allow to refrigerate for a few hours! The flavors will only become better!
- Serve with taco's, burritos, chicken, fish, chips and anything else you desire!