I've been in love with muffins lately. A muffin and a cuppa coffee or tea and I'm good to go.
Add a little chocolate to the mix and I think I've made it to heaven.
It feels a little naughty having chocolate for breakfast but I think that's what makes it so fun!
These muffins are chocolaty but have a light texture and the coffee helps intensify the chocolate flavor.
These are defiantly a perfect Double Chocolate Muffin in my book!
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and try to resist the urge to lick the spoon!
Combine flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
Whisk together until blended.
In a small bowl or measuring cup combine greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Add eggs, melted chocolate and hot coffee to flour mixture. Stir until combined.
Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Oh dear deliciousness..
Use paper liners or grease 12 standard sized muffin tins and fill 3/4 of the way full with batter.
Sit back, grab a nice cuppa coffee or tea and enjoy your perfect Double Chocolate Bakery-Style Muffin.
I won't tell if you send the kids out to play and save theirs for later!
Bakery-Style Double Chocolate Muffins
Bakery-Style Double Chocolate MuffinsPrep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT35M
Yield: 12 Standard Sized Muffins
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Hot Coffee
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet, Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 standard sized muffin tin pan with liners or grease.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine greek yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate, greek yogurt mixture and hot coffee to the flour mixture stir until combined. (Batter will be thick.)
- Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill lined or greased muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool.
- Enjoy plain, with butter or your favorite jam.