Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Broccoli Ham And Cheese Pockets Recipe
I promised you I would be back today with a favorite!
Broccoli Ham and Cheese Pockets.
Broccoli, ham and gooey cheese all wrapped together into a hand pie, no wonder the big and small alike love these babies!
L.J. had a buddy over for dinner the other night and we had just had pizza night 2 nights prior so we decided Broccoli Ham and Cheese Pockets were the way to go..
I made them fairly large and I was going to cut them in half for the kids and save the extras for lunch the next day but my plans were destroyed.
The kids devoured their pockets and my lunch was gone.
It was a sad moment, I had already envisioned sitting on the couch eating my left over pocket while the kids were at school.
Enjoying every last bite of broccoli and ham, cheesy goodness while watching some cheesy T.V. show or movie..
My plans were spoiled, failed, destroyed!
Be warned these will be a favorite!
First off you need enough Pizza dough to make 2 large pizza's or 1 recipe Perfect Pizza Dough.
I promise no judgement if you have to go buy some awful store bought pizza dough for time! Ha..Ha.. Just kidding, I totally understand. You have to do what you have to do!
Roll each round into a thin circle and spread with a tablespoon of grainy mustard. Make sure to keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap or a damp towel while working.
(If you have a mustard aversion feel free to leave it out.)
Then take 1/4 cup of grated cheese and spread on half the dough. Top cheese with broccoli and ham. Cover with another 1/4 cup of cheese. Fold dough over top and press all air out of the pocket. Crimp edge like you would a pie either with your fingers or a fork.
Brush all over with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Place dough onto a baking sheet dusted with fine cornmeal or lined with Silpat or parchment paper.
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
Broccoli Ham And Cheese Pockets
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Broccoli Ham And Cheese Pockets Using Pizza DoughPrep time:PT15M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 6 Broccoli Ham And Cheese Pockets
- 1 recipe Perfect Pizza Dough Or Enough Store Bought Dough To Make 2 Large Pizza's
- 6 tablespoons Grainy Mustard (Optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, Cut Small and Blanched for 30 sec. or Until Bright Green
- 1/2 pound Ham, Cut Into Small Pieces (I prefer Black Forest.)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly dust a cookie sheet with fine cornmeal or line with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Combine mozzarella and cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Divide pizza dough into 6 equal size balls.
- Roll each ball into a thin circle. Make sure to keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap or a damp towel while working.
- If using mustard spread 1 tablespoon all over circle. Place 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese mixture on 1 half of dough. Top cheese with 1/3 cup broccoli and 1/6th of the ham. Top with another 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Fold dough over the top to form a pocket and press all the air out. Seal the edges using a fork or fingers like you crimp a pie crust.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush olive oil on the top of each pocket and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Baking for 12-15 minutes or until light brown.