Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Friday, January 17, 2014
Gluten Free No Bake S'mores Granola Bars
I love S'mores Granola Bars with the little chewy bits of marshmallows and chocolaty goodness.
These are so easy to make and a great treat to add to the kids lunch box.
The secret to these are to press them together really tightly or the edges will be a little bit like chunky granola.
Not that it's such a bad thing because it's the perfect excuse to indulge in chocolaty granola for breakfast over your yogurt.
However if you do press your No Bake S'mores Granola Bars together tightly and you don't have loose crumbs you could always just break a bar up over your greek yogurt for breakfast.
I may or may not have participated in this kind of behavior on a few occasions.
I also may or may not have hidden a secret stash of granola bars to satisfy my own chocolate cravings.
I refuse to answer on the grounds I may incriminate myself and other parties.
I used EnviroKids Gluten Free Koala Crisps for my rice crispy cereal so it made the bars a little extra chocolaty because it's what I had in the pantry but feel free to use any crispy rice cereal, chocolate or plain.
Add rolled oats, crispy rice cereal, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows cut in half and nuts of choice. (I used Almonds.)
I haven't been compensated in any way from EnviroKids it's just what I had in my cupboard and wanted to avoid any confusion.
Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
Line a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper make sure to leave parchment over hanging edges of pan and set aside.
In a small saucepan combine coconut oil, brown sugar, honey and salt. Stir to combined mixture well.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Find someone with a strong arm and have them mix the honey mixture into oatmeal mixture.
Some of the chocolate and marshmallows will melt a little and provide a little goodness.
Spread mixture evenly on the bottom of parchment lined pan.
Spread remaining chocolate chips and cut marshmallows evenly over the top of granola bars.
Using another piece of parchment paper press granola mixture together tightly.
Use edges of of parchment in pan to make sure edges are pulled in tightly.
Allow granola bars to cool completely before slicing.
Remove from pan and slice to desired size.
We cut ours to make 24 bars.
You can store in an airtight container with a sheet of parchment paper between layers or individually wrap them in plastic wrap.
Gluten Free No Bake S'Mores Granola Bars
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Gluten Free No Bake S'mores Granola Bars with rolled oats, marshmallows and chocolate. So easy and delicious to make. Recipe includes step by step instructions with pictures.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 24 Bars
Calories per serving: 183Ingredients
Fat per serving: 6
Fat per serving: 6
- 4 cups Rolled Oats (Gluten Free)
- 2 cups Crispy Rice Cereal (Use Gluten Free Chocolate or Plain)
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips (Gluten Free if make GF)
- 1/2 cup Mini-Marshmallows, Cut In Half (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cups Nuts (Optional, I used Almonds)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Semi -Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips (Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows, Sliced In Half (Gluten-Free)
- Line a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper, leaving parchment paper over hanging edges.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, rice crispy's, chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan combined coconut oil, honey, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir honey mixture into rolled oats, until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly onto lined pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Use a second piece of parchment paper to press mixture evenly and tightly into pan. Use over hanging parchment paper to pull sides of granola bars tightly together.
- Allow granola bars to cool until room temperature.
- Remove from pan and slice into 24 bars.
- Store bars in a air tight container with a layer of parchment paper between layers or wrap each bar individually in parchment paper.