This is the perfect pasta salad to bring to your next gathering. Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad is perfect for Father's Day or 4th of July parties.
I made this delicious Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad Saturday night because Lorna had a friend over for dinner and Colt had volunteered to barbecue chicken.
This salad is great as a main course on a hot day or an easy side dish for a crowd.
I love the crunchy tomatoes, cucumber and bell peppers paired with artichoke hearts, olives and the cheese filled tortellini's then drizzled with an easy homemade italian dressing.
Once in awhile I'll also add a chopped chicken breast or salami but this dish is hearty enough on it's own.
Here's how I make it!
Cook 1 1/2 pounds Cheese Tortellini according to instructions.. I used a good quality refrigerated tortellini.
Once cooked cool tortellini under cold water.
If I'm in a hurry I place the tortellini a bowl of cold water with a cup and half of ice to chill the pasta as fast as possible.
Drain well and place into a large bowl.
In a blender add 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar, 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, 1 clove Garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon Honey.
Blend until garlic is pureed and vinaigrette is creamy.
Add 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (cubed), 1 Bell Pepper, 1 pound Grape Tomatoes, 6 ounce Black Olives (drained), 14 ounces Artichoke Hearts In Water (Drained), 1 whole English Cucumber and 1/2 whole Red Onion.
Drizzle half of vinaigrette over mixture and toss until well coated.
Add 8 ounces Baby Spinach and remaining dressing.
Toss until well coated.
I forgot my onion so it was tossed it there too!
Pasta Salad can be eaten right away but I highly suggest refrigerating for a few hours or overnight.
It becomes amazing as the flavors meld.
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad is an easy to make main course or perfect side dish for barbecues and gatherings. Filled with cheese tortellini, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, artichokes, spinach and a creamy italian dressing.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT3H15M
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Cheese Tortellini
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeds Removed and Diced
- 1 pound Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 1 whole English Cucumber, Diced
- 6 ounces Black Olives, Drained
- 14 ounces Artichoke Hearts In Water, Drained
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Or Provolone Cheese, Diced
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
- In a blender combine white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, honey, sea salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Blend until garlic is pureed and vinaigrette is creamy.
- Cook Tortellini according to directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain well.
- In a large bowl add cooked tortellini, bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, black olives, artichoke hearts and cheese. Drizzle with half of dressing and toss until combined.
- Add spinach and remaining dressing. Toss until well coated.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.