Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
Creamy Lemon Crumb Bars meets Cheesecake to make the ultimate dessert.
LJ was home the other day and driving me crazy because he was bored so I decided to put him to work in the kitchen making these amazing Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars..
Totally worth turning the oven on during a hot day!
The crumb topping has been stuck in my mind ever since I first saw these over on her page.
Whats not to love about creamy lemon filling, cheesecake and crumb topping?
So, so, so, so good!
Creamy lemony cheesecake deliciousness what more could you want?
First off LJ zested and juiced the lemons for me.
I don't know why I don't use my free child labor more often!
Mix together 2 1/3 cups Flour, 2 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats, 1 teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoons Baking Powder, 1 cup Brown Sugar and 1 cup Granulated Sugar.
Mix until well combined.
Add 1 cup Cold Cubed Butter.
Mix on medium low speed until crumbly.
Butter a 9"x13" pan and line with parchment paper for easy removal and butter parchment paper.
Press half of the crumbly oat mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Set the rest aside.
(If you don't have parchment paper available butter pan well.)
In a mixer fitted with a whisk beat 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese until light and fluffy over medium-high speed.
Add 3 egg yolks one at a time beating well between each addition.
Scrape sides of bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla and a 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest.
While mixing add 2 (14 ounce) Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk beat for 3 minutes on medium-high speed.
Turn mixer to low and stir in 1 cup Lemon Juice.
Scrape sides of bowl and mix until well combined.
Pour Creamy Lemon Cheesecake mixture over crust.
Top with remaining crumbly topping.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Allow bars to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate or freeze until icy cold and ready to serve.
So worth turning on the oven for these!
Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
A creamy lemon cheesecake filling with a crumb topping make these Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars extra special.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT4H45M
Yield: 16 Bars
- 2 1/3 cup Flour (All-Purpose of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 2 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Cold Cubed Butter
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 3 whole Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 28 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x13" pan. Line with parchment paper and butter parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a mixer add flour, oats, sea salt, baking powder, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until well combined. Add butter and mix until crumbly on medium-low speed.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Set the other half aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat cream cheese until light and fluffy over medium-high speed.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating well between each addition. Scrape sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and lemon zest, mix until combined.
- While mixing on medium speed drizzle in sweetened condensed milk and beat for 3 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Turn mixer to low and add lemon juice. Mix until well combined scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Pour creamy lemon cheesecake filling into crust and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool bars to room temperature and refrigerate until cold.