Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Monday, December 29, 2014
Chocolate Rum Truffles
These Chocolate Rum Truffles are perfect with a glass of Champagne for New Years Eve or Valentines Day.
I received product from Diplomatico and Frontier Coop for this post but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
We've been enjoying these boozy Chocolate Rum Truffles over the holidays and I can't wait to make another batch for New Years Eve.
These are so easy to make and the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with a glass of champagne.
I love the soft silky smooth dark chocolate centers with the bitter cocoa powder coating or rolled in chopped nuts.
One of the most important things to remember when making truffles is to use good quality chocolate and rum.
The Diplomatico Rum provides a wonderful silky smooth finish to sneak into these boozy little truffles and compliments the dark chocolate beautifully.
I guarantee these will impress the ones you love.
In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt and 1 tablespoon Light Corn Syrup until hot but not boiling.
Remove from heat and add 8 ounces ( 1 1/2 cups) Good Quality Dark or Bittersweet Chocolate, 2 tablespoons Diplomatico Rum and 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla.
Stir gentle until chocolate is melted.
Pour melted chocolate into an 8"x8" pan and cover. Refrigerate until chocolate is cold and set about 3-4 hours.
Sift together 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar.
Mix together until evenly blended.
Then scoop half of the cold chocolate mixture into half tablespoon sized balls and roll into balls.
Roll in Cocoa Powder mixture and store covered in the refrigerator.
Roll remaining Cold Chocolate mixture into half tablespoon sized balls and then roll in 1 cup Finely Chopped Nuts of Choice.
I used walnuts this time but almonds, pecans and pistachios would all make a wonderful coating.
Gently press nuts in until well coated and refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
The hardest part is deciding which one to try first!
I'll just take one of each!
I definitely think these are a gorgeous little treat to enjoy for New Years Eve Or Valentines Day.
Chocolate Rum Truffles
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Chocolate Rum Truffles are perfect with a glass of Champagne for Christmas, New Years or Valentines Day.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT3H0M
Total time: PT3H20M
Yield: 30 Truffles
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 8 ounces Good Quality Dark Or Bittersweet Chocolate (1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips)
- 2 tablespoons Diplomatico Rum
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Nuts Of Choice (I used Walnuts)
- In a small sauce pan combine heavy cream, light corn syrup and sea salt. Heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and gentle stir in chocolate, rum and vanilla extract until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into an 8"x8" square pan and cover. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until mixture is cold and set.
- In a small bowl sift together unsweetened cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Mix together until well combined.
- Scoop half of the set chocolate mixture into 1/2 tablespoon size balls and roll until round. Then roll each ball into cocoa powder mixture until evenly coated. Store balls in refrigerator covered until ready to enjoy.
- Roll remaining chocolate into 1/2 tablespoon sized balls and roll in chopped nuts until evenly coated. Store covered in refrigerator.