This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I know we usually only do from scratch recipes it even says it in my title but this Sunday we are doing something a little bit different.
This weeks theme for Sunday Supper is quick and easy recipes using McCormick Skillet Sauces and I decided to make these Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Creamy Coleslaw.
Let me tell you now not only are they done in under 30 minutes they are off the flavor chart!
We have lots of nights where we need something quick and easy for dinner between the kids sports and school activities.
These are quick and easy enough Colt or I can fix dinner for the crew on a night we might have eaten out otherwise.
I was extremely impressed with how much flavor was packed into the pouch, the finished product came out tasting jut like the slow cooked Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches that have been slow smoked all day on the grill but made in under 30 minutes.
We whipped together a quick and easy Creamy Coleslaw to go with these because it pairs perfectly with smokey sweet BBQ sauce.
Cook over medium-high heat until onion starts to caramelize.
Whisk until well combined.
Add dressing and mix until well combined.
For more recipe ideas make sure to follow McCormicks Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest Board!
You can find out more great recipes ideas and information at:
For more great McCormicks Skillet Dinner ideas make sure to check out the Sunday Supper links under the recipe!
Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw
Quick and easy Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 packet McCormick Smokey Applewood BBQ Chicken With Bacon Skillet Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Medium Sized Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast, Boneless Skinless
- 1 whole Small Head Green Cabbage, Finely Shredded
- 2 whole Large Carrots, Grated
- 1/2 whole Small Red Onion, Diced Fine
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- For Serving: Hamburger Buns
- In a large skillet with a lid add olive oil and sliced onion. Saute until onion starts to caramelize. Add chicken breast and McCormick Smokey Applewood BBQ Chicken With Bacon Skillet Sauce. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through and easily shreds with 2 forks.
- While chicken cooks assemble the coleslaw. In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrtos and red onion. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, greek yogurt, sugar, white balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Pour sauce over the top of cabbage mixture and stir until evenly coated. Refridgerate coleslaw until ready to use.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken in sauce.
- Serve pulled chicken over hamburger buns with coleslaw on top or on the side.
Other great McCormicks Skillet Sauce Recipes:
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco's with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini "Noodles" by Amee's Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I'm Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks