Grammies in town so she took the kids last night so Colt and I were left home alone!
So when Colt came home we hit the kitchen for a date night in.
We scavenged through the fridge and came up with this years summertime salad must have: Nectarine Summer Salad With Prosciutto Blue Cheese And Lemon Rosemary Thyme Vinaigrette.
Whew that was a mouthful!
Sorry, not sorry for the long name but I wanted to make sure you understood just how amazing this salad is!
The dressing is light and fragrant followed by the sweet bites of nectarine, thin salty slices of prosciutto and sharp, salty bites of blue cheese.
Every bite was an amazing mouthful of flavor explosion.
If blue cheese isn't your thing feta or goat cheese would make a great substitute.
Chow down, mow down, devour!
It won't last long.
The Lemon Rosemary Thyme Vinaigrette is super easy to make!
Just shake together: 1/3 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 3 tablespoons Water, 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Honey, 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon Freshly Chopped Rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme with stems removed.
This can easily be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
In a large bowl add about 8 ounces Mixed Baby Lettuce, 2 whole Sliced Ripe Nectarines, 4 ounces Thinly Sliced Prosciutto and 1/3 cup Blue Cheese Or Other Desired Cheese.
Drizzle with Lemon Rosemary Vinaigrette.
Add Fresh Black Pepper to taste.
Devour and enjoy every flavor packed bite!
Nectarine Summer Salad With Prosciutto Blue Cheese And Lemon Rosemary Thyme Vinaigrette
Nectarine Summer Salad With Prosciutto Blue Cheese And Lemon Rosemary Thyme Vinaigrette perfect for summer barbecues, picnics and hot summer days.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, Stems Removed and Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, Stems Removed
- 8 ounces Mixed Baby Lettuce
- 2 whole Nectarines, Pit Removed And Sliced
- 4 ounces Prosciutto
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Fresh Black Pepper To Taste
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid shake together lemon juice, water, olive oil, honey, sea salt, rosemary and thyme. Vinaigrette can be refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl add baby lettuce, nectarines, prosciutto and crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette and add fresh black pepper to taste.