Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Sunday, July 12, 2015
Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars #SundaySupper
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Did you know July is National Picnic Month?
So I have decided to team up with my #SundaySupper Family and Gallo Family Vineyards to bring 20 amazing recipes to enjoy on a picnic!
I'm so excited to see all the other delicious recipes for fun new ideas!
On this summer's bucket list our family has decided to try and go to a new park at least once a week to picnic and play.
We've already discovered quite a few hidden gems and new found favorites!
When we first started this back in May I was expecting the kids to complain since they are a bit older but they all seem to love throwing the football, frisbee, swimming and enjoy whatever deliciousness Colt and I have packed the cooler with.
These Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars happen to be a picnic favorite this year!
I like to freeze them the night before so they stay ice cold in the cooler while we play at the park!
They freeze and defrost really well making them a perfect dessert to make ahead of time.
Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars are a favorite on the hottest days of summer straight out of the freezer.
These are a year around favorite in our house but light and refreshing enough for a summer dessert on a really hot day!
In a mixing bowl stir together: 2 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour, 2 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats, 1 cup Brown Sugar, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt and 2 teaspoons Baking Powder until well combined.
Add 1 cup Cubed Cold Butter and mix on low speed using the paddle attachment until mixture is crumbly. You can alternatively use a pie cutter and cut in butter until well combined and crumbly.
Mixture should stick together to form a large crumb when squeezed together.
Butter a 9"x13" pan and line with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper and press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of pan.
In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat 8 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese until light and fluffy at medium-high speed.
Add 6 Egg Yolks one at a time beating well between each addition.
Scrape down sides of bowl between each egg yolk.
Beat for 4 minutes until pale yellow.
While mixing on low speed beat in 28 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk and increase speed to medium-high speed, beat for an additional 3 minutes.
Scrape down sides of bowl well.
Turn mixer to low and add 1 cup Fresh Lime Juice. Mix on low speed until well combined.
Pour mixture over crust and gentle smooth top.
Press remaining crumb mixture between fingers and spread evenly over the top.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Bars should be lightly brown.
Cool and then refrigerate or freeze until cold or frozen.
Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars are creamy, sweet, tangy and refreshing with a perfectly sweetened crumb topping making them a perfect dessert anytime of the year!
For a fun wine pairing with your Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars we love Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio or Cabernet Sauvignon for a red option.
We love the mini bottles of Gallo Family Vineyards wine for picnicking and are the perfect individual sized portions that fit perfectly inside the cooler!
Aren't they adorable?
I would love to know what's on your summer bucket list? If you have time please leave me a comment. I love hearing about your adventures!
For more fun Picnic idea's please make sure to check out the Gallo Family Vineyards Picnic Blog Post and the #SundaySupper links below the recipe!
Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Creamy, sweet and tangy with a crumb topping Key Lime Cheesecake Bars are a perfect dessert for picnics, potlucks and gatherings.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT4H50M
Yield: 16 Bars
- 2 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 1/3 cups Old Fashioned Oats or Quick Oats
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cold Butter, Cubed Plus Additional For Greasing
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 6 whole Egg Yolks
- 28 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Lime Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9"x13" pan and line with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper and set pan aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl add flour, oats, both sugars, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add cubed butter and mix on low speed or cut in using a pastry cutter until mixture forms crumbs when pushed together and is well combined.
- Add half of crumb mixture to bottom of pan and set remaining crumb mixture aside.
- Beat cream cheese with whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time beating well between each addition and scraping sides of bowl as needed. Beat for 4 minutes until pale yellow.
- While mixing on low speed at sweetened condensed milk and scrape sides of bowl as needed. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and stir in lime juice on low speed until well combined.
- Pour lime batter over crust and smooth until even.
- Press remaining crumb mixture between fingers to form crumbs and spread evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and then refrigerate or freeze until cold or frozen.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyard Wines and menu pairing ideas please visit their website http://www.gallofamily.com/. For more information of store locations and purchase please click here. You can connect with The Gallo Family Of Wines on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- 10 Deviled Egg Variations by Sunday Supper Movement
- Thai Spiced Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce by Soni's Food
- Baked or Grilled Tandoori Chicken Legs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- BBQ Pulled Pork Picnic Sandwiches by Family Foodie
- Creamy Pesto Chicken Sandwiches by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- French Ham and Butter Sandwich (Jambon Buerre) by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Honey Chicken Kabobs by Life Tastes Good
- Italian Hoagie Style Pressed Picnic Sandwiches by Feed Me, Seymour
- Kimbap (Korean 'Sushi') by Curious Cuisiniere
- Picnic Sandwich Torte by Palatable Pastime
- BLT Panzanella Salad by Casa de Crews
- Cold Chinese Peanut Noodles by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lemon Chicken Penne Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Mason Jar Salmon Nicoise Salad by Simply Healthy Family
- Banana Pudding Cups by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blueberry Crumb Bars by Alida's Kitchen
- Blueberry Peach Snack Cake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Key Lime Cheesecake Crumb Bars by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Lemon Meringue Pie in a Jar by Desserts Required
- Simple Strawberry Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Southern Fried Apricot Hand Pies by Magnolia Days