This week for Sunday Supper we've come together to share our favorite recipes that travel whether your taking a long road trip, going on a picnic, to a potluck or camping these are the perfect recipes for your next adventure!
I love, love, love this Mediterranean Pasta Salad for our road trips, picnics and adventures since it's meatless yet chock-full of goodies like arugula, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese tossed with a fresh herb vinaigrette.
It's pure deliciousness in a bowl!
If garbanzo beans aren't your flavor try subbing with cannellini beans aka white kidney beans.
I usually make this when we go camping as our first lunch or dinner since there's so much work to do setting up camp and getting organized it takes the stress out of fixing a meal.
It can be packed into Mason Jars for easy individualized servings on the go.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad is best made the day before to allow the flavors to meld and pasta to absorb the dressing making it easy to grab and go on your way out the door.
It's so, so, so good I know you'll love, love, love it too!
In a jar with a tight fitting lid add 2/3 cup Extra Olive Oil, 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary, 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Oregano 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, 2 cloves Minced Garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt.
Shake until well combined and set aside.
In a large bowl add 16 ounces Cooked Pasta Rinsed Under Cold Water and Drained, 15 ounces Drained Canned Garbanzo Beans, 14 ounces Drained and Chopped Canned Artichoke Hearts, 2/3 cup Kalamata Olives, 1 whole Diced Red Bell Pepper, 1 whole Diced Cucumber, 1/3 cup Red Onion, 2 tablespoons Capers and 2 tablespoons Chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes In Oil.
Toss with 3/4 of the Fresh Herb Vinaigrette.
Add 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese and toss until well coated.
Add additional vinaigrette as needed.
Cover and refridgerate until cold.
Add 4 ounces Arugula or spinach.
Add 1/3 cup Chopped Fresh Basil and toss until well combined.
Keep salad cold until ready to serve.
The perfect meal for your summer adventures!
Make sure to check out all the other tasty Sunday Supper ideas under the recipe!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
An easy to make pasta salad perfect for hot days, picnics, potlucks and road trips.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT3H15M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, Stems Removed and Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Oregano, Stems Removed and Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, Stems Removed
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 16 ounces Pasta, Cooked In Salted Water and Rinsed Under Cold Water then Drained
- 15 ounces Canned Garbanzo Beans, Drained
- 14 ounces Canned Artichoke Hearts, Drained and Chopped
- 2/3 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 whole Cucumber, Peeled and Diced
- 1/3 cup Red Onion, Diced
- 2 tablespoons Capers, Drained
- 2 tablespoons Sun-dried Tomatoes In Oil, Drained and Chopped
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Diced
- 4 ounces Arugula or Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup Basil, Chopped
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid shake together olive oil, white wine vinegar, rosemary, oregano, thyme, garlic, and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, olives, bell pepper, cucumbers, red onion, capers, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle 3/4 of the fresh herb vinaigrette and stir until well combined. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette as needed and refrigerate until cold.
- Add Arugula and basil before serving or packing for travel. Stir until well combined.
- Almond Flour Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Cherry Blueberry Pie by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Classic Carrot Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Banana Pie in a Jar by Our Good Life
- No Bake Millionaire Shortbread Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bars by What Smells So Good?
Mains in Motion
- Baby Back Pork Loin Ribs by The Freshman Cook
- BBQ Chicken On The Grill To Go by Family Foodie
- Chicken Salad Skewers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cobb Salad in a Jar by Life Tastes Good
- Farro with Eggplant and Tomato by Cooking Chat
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole by Simply Healthy Family
- Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pastitsio by Food Done Light
- Roasted Vegetable Tart by Adventures in All Things Food
- Spinach Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan SuperFood Bowl by Sustainable Dad
- Grilled Corn, Bean & Radish Salad by Feeding Big
- Heirloom Tomato Salsa by Nosh My Way
- Parmesan Pasta Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pomodoro Fresco Pasta Salad by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Cherry Crumble No-Bake Energy Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins by Caroline's Cooking
- Energy Balls by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sunflower Seed Oatmeal Bars by Magnolia Days
- 5 Comfort Food Tips by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.