With the kids getting ready to go back to school I've teamed up with #WeekdaySupper to bring you one of our families favorite easy recipes One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese.
This dish is a blend of two of the most requested things in our house Chili and Macaroni and Cheese cooked in one pot in under 30 minutes.
I don't know anyone who doesn't love an easy dinner from scratch in under 30 minutes!
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese reheats really well for those nights when everyone won't be able to make it to the dinner table at the same time due to sports practice and after school activities.
I love that this recipe keeps the clean up minimal by only using one pot!
Dishes just aren't my thing and I'm pretty sure you feel the same way!
It's as simple as Hamburger Helper but so much better.
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese has lots of protein with the addition of meat, beans and cheese making it the perfect dish to serve the family at the end of a busy day.
As the weather becomes cooler I know this will quickly be another highly requested dinner on the weekly rotation since everyone requested seconds and they've already asked me to make it again!
In a large pot or really deep pan add 1 teaspoon Olive Oil and 1 pound Ground Beef.
Cook over medium-high heat until ground beef is cooked through.
Stir in 1/2 whole Diced Medium Onion, 2 cloves Minced Garlic, 1/2 whole Diced Bell Pepper, 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste, 2 tablespoons Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Cumin, 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, 1/4 teaspoon Oregano and 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt.
Stir until onion starts to soften and garlic becomes fragrant.
Stir in 14 1/2 ounces Fire Roasted Tomatoes With Juice, 32 ounces Canned Drained Black Beans, 4 cups Beef Broth, 1 cup Half and Half or Milk and 16 ounces Uncooked Elbow Macaroni.
Stir until well combined, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for 14 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir in 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese until melted.
Check out all that cheesyliciousness!
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is so good I know your family will love it as much as mine!
Remember to check out all the other amazing #WeekdaySupper recipes under the recipe to help make back to school dinner planning a whole lot easier!
One Pot Chili Mac And Cheese
An easy to make one pot meal. One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese will quickly become a family favorite and is done in under 30 minutes!Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT14M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil Or Cooking Oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 whole Medium Sized Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 whole Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, Optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 14 1/2 ounce Fire Roasted Tomatoes With Juice (Canned)
- 32 ounces Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup Half and Half or Milk
- 16 ounces Elbow Macaroni, Uncooked
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- In a large pot or deep skillet with a lid add olive oil and ground beef. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, oregano and sea salt until onion starts to soften and garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes with juice, canned black beans, beef broth, half and half or milk and elbow macaroni. Stir until well combined. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 14 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheddar cheese until cheese is melted.
Make sure to check out all the other delicious #WeekdaySupper recipes:
Monday: Freezer Friendly Chicken Taquitos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Wednesday: Island Teriyaki Chicken Packets by Palatable Pastime
Thursday: Taco Bar by Eating In Instead
Friday: Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pork With Homemade Sauce by Caroline's Cooking