Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Friday, September 18, 2015
Tall And Creamy Cheesecake With Raspberry Swirl
I asked Colt last week what he wanted for dessert and he requested a Cheesecake With Raspberry Swirl.
So I took my favorite Tall and Creamy Lemon Cheesecake from Dori Greenspan and added a luscious Raspberry Swirl.
Then I remembered why I don't make cheesecake very often because over the next few days I found myself in the fridge for a slice of cheesecake here and a slice of cheesecake there.
So I told Colt he better take the remaining cheesecake to share at work because otherwise I was finishing it off and by it I meant a remaining half a cheesecake!
This Cheesecake is that good!
Tall and Creamy Cheesecake With Raspberry Swirl is light and airy and melts on your tongue like butter with every bite.
The gorgeous Raspberry Swirl not only looks elegant but adds a nice contrast of flavor.
This is the perfect dessert for company, it's fairly easy to make but so elegant.
Tall and Creamy Cheesecake With Raspberry Swirl just happens to be one of my all time favorite Cheesecakes!
Grease a 9"x3" spring form pan with butter. Wrap bottoms and sides of pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
In a medium sized bowl stir together 1 3/4 cup Fine Graham Cracker Crumbs, 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar and 1 pinch Salt.
Slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup melted butter to coat crumbs evenly.
Add graham cracker mixture to pan and use a measuring cup to press crumbs across the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool and bring a kettle of water to a boil.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat 32 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese for 5 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
Scrape down sides of bowl and slowly add 1 1/3 cup Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon Salt while mixer is running.
Add Zest Of 1 Lemon and 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract.
Scrapes sides of bowl and beat for another 5 minutes.
Add 4 whole Room Temperature Eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
Turn mixer to low and stir in 1/4 cup Lemon Juice and 1 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt.
Scrape sides and bottom of bowl well and make sure mixture is well combined.
Cheesecake mixture should be smooth and creamy.
Pour into baked graham cracker crust.
In a food processor puree 1 cup Raspberries with 3 tablespoons Sugar until smooth.
Use a fine mesh sieve to strain seeds out of raspberry puree.
Evenly drop raspberry puree onto cheesecake leaving space between each drop.
You will more then likely have extra puree that can be used for drizzling on plate later.
Using a toothpick draw swirls through dots.
Try not to over swirl. I find 2 passes through each dot maximum is plenty.
Place cheesecake in a pan that is larger and carefully fill bottom pan with boiling water to about halfway up the sides being careful not to get water on cheesecake or inside of foil
Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off oven and prop door open. Allow cheesecake to sit in the water bath in the oven for an additional hour.
Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
Cover cheesecake and refrigerate cheesecake overnight before enjoying.
Serve Tall and Creamy Cheesecake With Raspberry Swirl with Fresh Raspberries and any remaining raspberry puree.
Close your eyes and savor every luscious bite!
Tall And Creamy Cheesecake With Raspberry Swirl
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Tall and Creamy Cheesecake with a gorgeous Raspberry Swirl with easy to follow step by step instructions with photos. The perfect dessert for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter.Prep time: PT30M
Cook time: PT2H30M
Total time: PT12H0M
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 3/4 cup Fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 generous pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 whole Zest Of Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 whole Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt Or Sour Cream
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For The Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Slowly drizzle in butter until crumbs are well coated.
- Butter a 9 inch by 3 inch spring form pan with butter. Cover the bottom and sides with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Add graham cracker mixture to pan and use a measuring cup to press crumbs evenly across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Place spring form pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Set crust aside to cool while making cheesecake mixture.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- For Cheesecake Filling: In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. About 5 minutes.
- Slowly add 1 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt while beating.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla. Scrape sides of bowl and beat an additional 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute between each addition and scrape sides of bowl before adding additional egg.
- Turn mixer to low and add greek yogurt and lemon juice. Mix until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Pour batter into graham cracker crust.
- In a food processor add raspberries and 3 tablespoons sugar. Puree until smooth. Using a sieve strain seeds from puree and discard seeds.
- Evenly drop raspberry puree onto cheesecake leaving space between each drop.
- Using a toothpick draw swirls through raspberry puree dots being careful not to over swirl. I find 2 passes through each dot maximum is plenty.
- Place spring form pan in a pan larger pan then the spring form pan with a little space.
- Pour boiling water halfway up the sides of spring form pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off oven and prop door open. Allow cheesecake to sit in the water bath in the oven for an additional hour.
- Carefully remove spring form pan out of the larger pan. Carefully remove foil.
- Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
- Cover cheesecake and refrigerate cheesecake overnight before enjoying.
- Serve with additional raspberries.