Oh sweet fudge brownies with caramel swirl you are divine! I will let you in on a little secret the edge pieces are so super yummy. It has this nice little bit of chewy caramelly goodness.. Straight from heaven.
These were made for a game night over at our friends house and I think I was in a bit of trouble from there teenagers when I took the last 2 brownies home. I hadn't taken a picture yet and I felt rather guilty, I usually leave any extra for our wonderful hosts to enjoy later.. My hubby has already been hinting for me to make these again... Oh sweet dessert lusciousness... You will be made again soon..Maybe tomorrow..
Grease a 9x13 pan with butter and dust heavily with cocoa powder to leave a nice thick coating.
In a double boiler or a small-medium bowl fitted over the top of a saucepan filled with water, add butter and chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder.
Add baking powder and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
In a separate bowl stir eggs, brown sugar and vanilla together. Do not beat. Stir egg/brown sugar mixture into the chocolate mixture.
Add all of the flour.
Mix until well incorporated.
1 1/2 cups Homemade Caramel Sauce.
Pour 1/2 of the brownie mixture into the prepared pan and push to the edge of pan.
Drizzle 1/2 of the Caramel Sauce over the top. Cover with remaining brownie batter.
Drizzle remaining Caramel Sauce over the top.
Take a knife and make large S shaped designs going across the long way and the short way. 1 time only in each direction.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
Serve drizzled with remaining caramel sauce. Sorry no pan pictures they where devoured too quick!
Fudge Brownies With Caramel Swirl
Fudge Brownies with Caramel Swirl recipe. A delicious dessert for any chocolate caramel lover. Instructions are step by step and include photos.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT40M
Total time: PT55M
Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder Plus Extra For Pan
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose
- Everything needs to be mixed by hand please do not use a mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9"x 13" pan with butter, then dust with heavily with cocoa. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or a medium-large bowl over a pot of boiling water add butter and chocolate chips. Stir until melted over medium heat.Remove mixture from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla in a medium/small bowl. Set aside.
- Return to the melted chocolate bowl and add baking powder, sea salt and cocoa. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the egg/sugar mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir being careful not to incorporate air. Add all of the flour to the chocolate mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Take half of the brownie mixture and spread in the prepared pan. Drizzle with half of the caramel sauce. Cover with remaining brownie mixture. Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over the top of the brownies.
- With a knife make large S shapes like a snake going width of the pan. Now repeat long S shapes going the length of the pan. Tap pan lightly once or twice to level.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Brownies will still be slightly jiggly in the middle. Let cool completely or brownies will be a little crumbly if warm.