On busy weeknights and any other night we love fully loaded baked potatoes for dinner. I am a baked potato kind of girl. I can bake the potatoes and the meat ahead of time if needed and just reheat everything. We have so many nights where we have concerts for the kids and sports happening, that I just need an easy no fuss delicious meal to feed the kids and hubby. This is always a winner. This recipe takes 2 pans 1 for the potatoes and 1 for the taco meat/broccoli mixture. How easy is that! I reduced the calories by using greek yogurt instead of sour cream. If you haven't tried the greek yogurt it's time, you probably will never go back!
I like to use yukon gold potatoes since they have a nice buttery taste helping to cut back on the need for butter. I add olive oil and generously add sea salt to the potatoes. Place into a baking dish.
Rub the oil and salt into the potatoes and pierce with a knife or fork. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 1 hour until a potatoes are fork tender when pierced with a fork.
In a large saute pan add oil, onion, garlic and ground beef. Cook over medium-high heat until ground beef is cooked through.
Add all of the seasonings, water and broccoli. Cook uncovered until broccoli is tender and a sauce forms. Stir as needed.
Cut potatoes open and top with taco seasoned meat/broccoli mixture. Add any additional desired toppings like greek yogurt or sour cream, grated cheese, salsa, and cut up avocado or guacamole.
Easy Fully Loaded Baked Potatoes
Easy Fully Loaded Baked Potatoes recipe filled with taco seasoned ground beef, broccoli, cheese, salsa and sour cream. An easy weeknight go to meal. Recipe includes step by step instructions and photo.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT1H05M
Total time: PT1H15M
Yield: 5 Servings
Calories per serving: 656Ingredients
Fat per serving: 23
Fat per serving: 23
- 5 whole Potatoes, Cleaned (I use Yukon Gold For A Nice Buttery Flavor)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Diced (Small)
- 1 pound Hamburger Or Ground Turkey
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt Or To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper Or To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 head Broccoli, Remove Skin From Stem And Sliced, Chop Broccoli
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded, Optional
- 16 ounces Greek Yogurt, Optional
- 16 ounces Salsa, Optional
- 1 whole Avocado Sliced, Optional
- For Baked Potatoes: Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- In a oven safe dish add potatoes. Evenly distribute olive oil and salt between potatoes. Rub oil and salt into the potatoes. Poke each potato on all sides using a knife or fork. Place into preheated oven and cook for about 50- 60 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. If using very large potatoes the cook time will take longer.
- For Taco Seasoned Meat/Broccoli Mixture: In a large saute pan add oil, onion, hamburger and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until hamburger is brown and cooked through.
- Add all of the seasoning to the meat mixture. Add water and broccoli. Cook mixture uncovered, until broccoli is tender yet firm and the water has cooked down to form a sauce.
- For Assembly:Top baked potatoes with meat/broccoli mixture and desired toppings. Enjoy!