Oh good golly miss molly I have done it again! A fusion of some of my favorite things, jalapenos, limes and alfredo sauce! This dish is also fabulous with shrimp, let me tell you! Delicioso! I suggest when making this keep the kids and husband away from the kitchen with tasting equipment or it just might not make it to the table! This is always gobbled up sadly with no leftovers for the hubby to take to work! Feel free to adjust the spice dependent on how hot your jalapenos are, this time mine where hot so one would do but sometimes I need 3 just to have a little heat.
This recipe was shared at Shine Supper Club. I had received an invitation from the editor to join in the fun. Here are links to the other recipe submitted!The Curious Country Cook: Lemon Pesto Pasta with Chicken
Feed Your Soul: Chicken Milanese Biscuit Sandwich
In My Element: Diced Chicken, Broccoli with Whole Wheat Pasta
Living Lou: Spicy Chicken Skewers
The Partial Ingredients: Lebanese Chicken Skewers
Sarah B. Weir: Chicken Braised in Tomato
Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom: Peanut Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Serena Bakes: Jalapeno Lime Chicken Alfredo with Cilantro
So says Sarah: Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders
Sushi and Stilettos: Easy Pesto Chicken Bake
Sweet 'n' Sourdough: Baked Mango Chipotle Chicken Tenders
Add olive oil and butter to a pan. Heat pan over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add onion, garlic, and desired jalapenos. Cook until onions start to caramelize.
Add chicken, cumin and salt. Cook over medium-high heat until chicken starts to lightly brown.
Add lime juice and reduce heat to low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
Add cream and stir to heat cream.
Add hot cooked and drained al dente pasta.
Add cilantro and parmesan cheese.
Toss to coat pasta well.
For a nice serving presentation use tongs and twist pasta to create a nest shape when plating. Use additional cilantro and lime for a garnish.
Jalapeno Lime Chicken Alfredo With Cilantro
Jalapeno Lime Chicken Alfredo With CilantroPrep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 pound Linguine, Cooked Until Al Dente
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 whole Limes, Juiced
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- Additional Cilantro And Lime For Garnish
- In large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeno. Saute until onions start to caramelize.
- Add chicken breast, cumin and salt. Cook until chicken starts to lightly brown.
- Reduce heat to low add lime juice and cook chicken until cooked through.
- Add cream to chicken, stir to coat chicken and heat cream.
- Add cooked linguine, parmesan cheese and cilantro.
- Toss to coat, stir until heated through.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and lime.