I love a good turkey burger.. The panel in our house says they can be just as tasty as a good old beef patty! I use a 93/7 percent turkey meat. I've used all white meat before but I find a mix of dark and light meat to provide the best flavor and maintain a nice moist patty. The other secret is a super tasty bun from a local bakery or if your feeling super motivated from scratch.
These are so super easy. Dump all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well incorporated.
Divide meat into 5 patties. Grill on the BBQ watching carefully to prevent burning.
Top with cheese, avocados, pickles, pickled jalapenos, red onions, and any other desired condiments. I personally spread the avocado on my bun instead on mayonnaise.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
- 2 pounds Ground Turkey (I Prefer 93/7 Percent)
- 1/2 whole Onion, Chopped Fine
- 1/2- 1 whole Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Hamburger Buns
- Condiments For Topping Like Cheese (We Like Pepper Jack), Avocados, Pickles, Pickled Jalapenos, Red Onions, Ketchup, Dijon Mustard And Any Other Desired Condiments
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
Divide Turkey meat into 5 balls and shape into patties.
Preheat BBQ grill to 350 degrees and oil grill grates to prevent sticking. We use a paper towel dipped in cooking oil and tongs to rub over the top of grates. Cook patties on each side until patties are cooked though. Add cheese if desired. Top with desired condiments and enjoy!