I love granola and yogurt for breakfast! It's defiantly my go to meal with a little fruit stirred in.
You know what I love even more making Granola from scratch because it is considerably cheaper, the ingredients are fresher and it just plain old tastes better!
The worst part about making granola is trying to decide what flavor combination to make, I guess we will be adding a few favorite granola combinations later. But for now I thought a good traditional granola would do the trick!
I couldn't decide which shot I liked the best. The first (above) was focused on the inside of the jar and the second one below.
Which do you prefer and why?
This shot I focused on the ingredients outside the jar with the insides of the jar bokeh (out of focus). I am in no way a pro and learning from experimentation every day, I always love to hear other opinions on what attracts your eyes and why.
In a small sauce pan combine coconut oil, honey and 2 tablespoons water.
Stir over low heat until coconut oil is melted and combined with the honey.
Remove from heat and add sea salt and vanilla.
In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, pecans, ground flax and cinnamon. Mix until well blended.
Pour melted honey/coconut oil mixture over the top and combined with oats.
Divide mixture evenly between 2 pans covered with parchment paper and spread evenly. Cook for 25-35 minutes or until light brown, stir granola every 5-10 minutes to brown evenly. Let cool completely.
(The parchment paper is important to prevent sticking.)
Once cool add raisins and stir until combined.
Once cooled store granola in a air tight container. I find mason jars work well.
Enjoy plain, with a little milk or yogurt!
Honey Nut Raisin GranolaPrep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT35M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 6 1/2 cups
- 3 cups Oatmeal
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1 cup Pecans, Roughly Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds. pecans, ground flax and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- In a small saucepan over low heat combine coconut oil, honey and water. Stir until coconut oil is melted and has combined with the honey.
- Remove from heat and stir in sea salt and vanilla.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between parchment lined baking sheets and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until light brown, stirring every 5-10 minutes as needed for even browning.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Stir in raisins once cool and store in an air tight container. Mason jars work well.