Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Moist Banana Nut Muffins
What could be a better start to any morning then Moist Banana Nut Muffins? Not much in my book.
These are deliciously moist with a lovely banana flavor. Add a little pat of butter with a cup of coffee or tea and I am in pure heaven.
These are a great alternative to making traditional banana bread when you have an over abundance of overripe bananas!
The worst part of making these was my husbands little addiction to wanting to lick the batter. I had to keep shoeing him away like a pesky little fly. It drives me crazy when he wants to eat batter with raw eggs in it!
According to him the batter was divine!
For me I will just take his word for it and stick to eating my muffins!
In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment beat softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add 3 of the ripe bananas and beat until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
Add baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Mix until blended.
Mash remaining 2 bananas.
Add mashed bananas, flour and nuts. Mix on medium low just until blended scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
This is the point where Colt kept trying to sneak his fingers into the batter.. Such a trouble maker.
Line or grease 18 regular sized muffins cups and fill 2/3 of the way full.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
Moist Banana Nut Muffins
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Moist Banana Nut MuffinsPrep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT18M
Total time: PT28M
Yield: 18 Regular Sized Muffins
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter Softened
- 5 whole Large Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 18 regular sized muffin tins or grease. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mash 2 of the very ripe bananas and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add remaining 3 ripe bananas and continue to beat until fully incorporated and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and sea salt and mix until fully combined.
- Add remaining 2 mashed bananas, all-purpose flour and nuts. Mix on low until fully incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Fill lined or greased muffin cups 2/3's of the way full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan until cool enough to remove.