Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is a favorite twist on my traditional Beef Stroganoff by slow cooking a cheap cut of stew meat. The cool wet days of fall have arrived in Washington and I'm sure they won't be leaving anytime soon. I've had to force my cold achy body out of bed and into the shower, after snoozing the alarm clock one too many times and contemplating asking Lorna to make her own breakfast and lunch.
Ugh..Nothing about cold mornings and rolling out of bed before the sunrises I love, I much rather stay in my warm bed and hide with a cup of coffee.. Thank God he made weekends! I love fall, I just don't love the mornings. The smell of walking through the door after a long day of errands and appointments to dinner done is one of the reason's I love fall, all the comfort food meals like this Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff make for a great end to any day. Plus I am a boots, sweater and scarves girls. I love watching the trees change colors and the fresh apples at the market. Enjoying apple cider, watching the fireplace snuggled under my favorite knitted blanket with one of my babies..
So for now I pray I adjust to the cold mornings and the lack of light.
Toss stew meat with flour, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a Crock Pot. Toss until almost all the flour is absorbed by the meat.
Slowly stir in the beef broth to prevent lumps.
Make sure to scrape the bottom of the crock to keep flour from lumping.
Add garlic and onions.
Can't forget the mushrooms.
Toss until well combined. Cover crock pot and cook over Hi heat for 6 hours or low heat for 8-10 hours.
Beef Stroganoff should be thickened and smell amazing.
Remove from heat and allow to cool until no longer boiling, if Stroganoff is too hot the sour cream or greek yogurt will curdle when added so this step is important.
Add sour cream or greek yogurt and stir until combined.
You can add noodles to Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff and stir until combined. Or place sauce over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
Serve Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff with fresh chopped Italian Parsley and pray for leftovers.
My poor husband took one for the family to take this shot for me. I have a strange set up in the kitchen where I take my photo in a corner window above my kitchen sink but this requires standing over the kitchen sink to take overhead shots. Its the perfect natural light source Thank God he's been will to help me get my photos done! I don't know how our house would function without him! I would have to bribe Lorna to take photos, carry groceries and mover furniture to vacuum..
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff. Slow cooked stew meat with onions, garlic and mushrooms in a rich sour cream gravy.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT8H
Total time: PT8H10M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt, Or To Taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper, Or To Taste
- 1 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 whole Onion, Sliced Thin
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 cups Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Egg Noodles, Mashed Potatoes Or Rice For Serving
- Place stew meat into crock pot and add flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Stir until combined and most of the flour is absorbed by the meat.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth, going slow to prevent lumps.
- Add worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Stir until well combined.
- Cover crock pot with lid and set to cook on Hi for 6 hours or Low for 8-10 hours.
- Once done turn crock pot off and allow to cool until no longer simmering to prevent curdling sour cream or yogurt. Stir in sour cream or yogurt.
- Serve Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles, mashed potatoes or rice. Sprinkle with parsley.