This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group ™ and Barilla, all thoughts and opinions are my own. #pmedia #JoytotheTable http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
Do you need something easy to make, healthy and with as little mess as possible?
What's that? How did I know? Because I can totally relate.
Right now our days seem to fly by.
We have basketball practice a few times a week for the kids, I have physical therapy that some day's just kicks my booty and did I mention the never ending amount of homework they always have but some how seem to forget until it's bed time.
One Pot Tortellini with Sausage, Spinach & Artichokes is so easy to make and the dishes are minimal.
Leaving a little more time to make sure the kids have homework completed before bedtime or just to snuggle up to watch a movie.
Oh wait a minute I almost forgot the best part..
It's super de duper tasty!
We headed to Safeway after Mas's basketball practice and picked up a few things we needed to make Tortellini with Sausage, Spinach and Artichokes.
Right now Safeway is having an in-store promotion $.75 off the purchase of ONE (1) package of Barilla® Tortellini Score! Who can pass on a sale.
You can find other Barilla pasta and Tortellini ideas on their Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/BarillaUS?fref=ts.
Cut sweet or hot Italian sausage into meatball sized pieces. Heat 2 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium high heat and add sausage. Cook until brown on all sides.
Add onions, mushrooms and cook until onion is softened and starting to caramelize.
Add tortellini, garlic, celery, chicken stock, honey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender.
Add quartered artichoke hearts and spinach. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted and artichokes are heated through.
Dinner is served! How easy was that?
A nice bottle of white or red wine pairs well if your having company over.
Check out those gorgeous tortellini's, little sausage meatballs and artichokes!
Get in my Belly!
Mmm.. How about Easy Cheesy Garlic and Herb Breadsticks to go along side...
One Pot Tortellini With Sausage Spinach & Artichokes
One Pot Tortellini with Sausage, Spinach and Artichoke Hearts. An easy quick recipe full of flavor. Recipe includes step by step instructions and photos.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 6 Servings
Calories per serving: 424Ingredients
Fat per serving: 13
Fat per serving: 13
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Italian Sweet Or Hot Italian Sausage, Cut into small meatball sized pieces (Chicken Or Pork in Casing)
- 1/2 whole Onion, Chopped Fine
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Chopped
- 2 ribs Celery, Chopped
- 12 ounces Barilla Tortellini's (I used 3 Cheese)
- 28 ounces Canned Tomatoes, Diced With Juice
- 15 ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 4 cups Raw Spinach, Washed
- 15 ounce Canned Quartered Artichoke Hearts in water
- Parmesan Cheese for serving
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage and brown.
- Add onions and mushrooms. Stir well and cook until onions start to caramelize.
- Stir in garlic, red bell pepper, celery, tortellini, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper and honey. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook pasta for 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach and artichoke hearts. Cook and another 2-3 minutes until spinach and artichoke hearts are heated through.