Easy Cheesy Garlic And Herb Breadsticks. I love breadsticks and every so often I make these for my fabulous family as a treat to go with dinner. Warm and crunchy on the outside. Soft and chewy on the inside, could anything be better? Oh, wait don't let me forget the cheesy garlic and herb coating.
I love that I can make these ahead and leave them in the refrigerator and pop them in the oven later that day or the next.
Next time you have Italian night, soup night, meatloaf night or any other night make sure to make some tasty Easy Cheesy Garlic And Herb Breadsticks!
This recipe was shared at Shine Supper Club's favorite holiday recipe! These are defiantly a must around our holiday table!
In a large mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook add warm water, honey and yeast. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly and active.
It will look like this.
Add flour and sea salt.
Knead until smooth and elastic on medium setting about 8 minutes. Optionally you can mix by hand and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover dough and allow to rest for 35 minutes.
Divide dough into four. Divide each fourth into six.
Roll each portion of dough into a 6-8 inch long rope, dependent on whether you prefer a thicker chewier or a thin and crunchy breadstick.
In a food processor add parmesan cheese, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Pulse together until crumbly.
It will look like breadcrumbs.
In a large dish melt butter. Add fresh minced garlic and garlic powder. Mix well. Roll uncooked breadstick in butter mixture.
Then roll uncooked breadstick in cheese mixture.
Place about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. At this point you can cover and refrigerate for up to a day until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook for 15-18 minutes or until brown on the outside and cooked through. Remove from the cookie sheet immediately.
Easy Cheesy Garlic And Herb Breadsticks
Prep time: PT40M
Cook time: PT18M
Total time: PT58M
Yield: 24 breadsticks
- 1 1/4 cup Warm Water 95 degrees
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 envelope Active Dry Yeast ( 1/4 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter, Melted
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 teaspoons Oregano, Dried
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary, Fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme, Dried
- In a large bowl fitted with a dough hook mix warm water, honey and yeast. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly and active. Add flour and sea salt and mix until smooth and elastic on medium. Alternately you can mix everything by hand in a large bowl and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface divide dough into four. Divide each fourth into six. Roll each section of dough into a 6-8 inch long rope. The shorter the rope the thicker and chewier the breadsticks, the longer the rope the thinner and crunchier.
- In a food processor add parmesan cheese, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Pulse until mixture is crumbly and resembles bread crumbs. Place in a large dish.
- Mix butter, fresh and powdered garlic in a large dish.
- Dip breadstick dough into butter and then into cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- At this point breadsticks can be covered and refrigerated for up to a day until ready to use or cooked immediately.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until cheese's is brown and the inside is cooked through.
- Remove from the cookie sheet immediately.