This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media and Wet-Nap but all opinions are my own.
#pmedia #showusyourmess http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
For one of our most recent date nights we decide the weather was gorgeous and a picnic at the beach would be the perfect way to enjoy our evening.
The last few months we've been trying to find a few times a month to go out alone as a couple to something other then the grocery store.
It really helps to reenergize our relationship and helps us connect on a level that is so difficult after you have children.
When the kids were small I always had such a difficult time leaving the kids with a sitter or family to enjoy a date with Colt, I always felt guilty for leaving them but after almost 15 years of marriage I've realized it's one of the most important things we can do for our family and it makes such a difference in our relationship.
We've also learned dates don't always have to be fancy to be special this picnic was an amazing excuse to enjoy some time alone and watch the sunset without a large expense.
We stopped by Walmart for their everyday low prices on our way to the beach to pick up a few picnic necessities like Wet-Naps.
We always keep a container of Wet-Naps in our Picnic basket and camping gear for easy clean up.
I also like to keep a few plastic plates in the picnic basket and cloth napkines to make our date night a little extra special.
We had decided to make cold fried chicken, Greek Salad and a fresh spring salad for dinner.
On the way home we stopped and shared a slice of cheesecake at a little local restraunt.
The Wet-Naps are such a life saver for wiping the plates clean and washing our hands.
No one ever said I love walking around with greasy chicken finger.
Here's a coupon to save .55 cents of Wet-Nap products http://wetnap.com/coupons/ while supplies last.
I wish we would have had these in the car years ago when we where just starting to date and took a road trip across Whidbey Island and I somehow spilt coke all over Colt's lap and he spent the next 2 hours sticky from the mess, paper towels just couldn't handle the situation..
Oddly enough he still tells me that was the day he knew he loved me.
Sometimes the simplest dates build the most memorable memories. The view was stunning!
Colt set the tripod up to catch a photo of us before the sunset.
In case your looking for the recipe to the Greek Salad here it is:
Greek Salad a summer time favorite perfect for gatherings and picnics.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pint Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Chopped
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded and Chopped
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Cucumber, Chopped
- 1 handful Parsley, Chopped Fine
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 2/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper or To Taste
- In a large bowl mix together cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, cucumber, parsley, basil, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, water, italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper. Mix until until well combined.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the top of the vegetables and toss until well combined.
- Greek Salad can be served immediately but the flavor does develop if allowed to refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.