An easy to make pasta salad for any gathering. Creamy Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad with Dill Dressing is easy and delicious.
When I first made it I thought it was ok but after a couple of hours in the fridge it became amazing.
I couldn't seem to keep the kids out of the leftovers.
When I couldn't sleep the other night because it felt like someone was running a stake into my hip I resorted to enjoying the last bit of this luscious salad and catching up on this weeks Ink Master Episode.
I'm just going to get it out there I never thought I would be watching a tattoo competition when I can't sleep but I've been pulled into the show.
For pete's sake I don't even have a tattoo, not to say at some point down the road this might change.
First off my best friend from High Schools husband is Sausage and I'm totally praying that he wins because his works incredible, he's had the best attitude on the show all season and well he is my best friends husband.
Do I need to say more?
I actually haven't seen her in like 15 years when her family moved away.
I was hoping to go visit her last fall if only for the weekend but the car accident happened and so we had to postpone.
She's that friend that some how senses when I need her and calls or text's me things that make me smile or leaves me a silly little comment on a photo.
I don't know what I would do without that girl!
In a blender combine 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 2/3 cup Mayonnaise, 2/3 cup Buttermilk, 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, 1/2 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce and 1Clove Garlic Chopped.
Pulse mixture until smooth and creamy.
Add 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill.
Pulse until dressing is creamy and dills evenly distributed.
Cook 16 ounces macaroni noodles in salted boiling water until al dente according to the directions on the back of the package.
Cool pasta off under cold running water and drain well.
In a large bowl combine Cold Macaroni Noodles, 1 Chopped Whole Red Bell Pepper, 3 Chopped Stalks Celery, 6 ounce Drained Sliced Black Olives, 1/3 cup Sliced Green Onion, 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Parsley and 2 whole Avocados Diced.
Drizzle with dressing and toss until coated.
Fry 6 Sliced Bacon and Dice. Add to pasta salad and mix until combined.
Sprinkle in 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese working with a 1/4 cup at a time to keep the cheese from bunching.
Stir until cheese is evenly distributed.
Make sure to refrigerate this creamy salad for at least 6 hours before serving.
Overnights even better!
Creamy Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad with Dill Dressing
An easy to make Creamy Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad with Dill Dressing perfect for barbecues, gatherings and picnics.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT6H20M
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 clove Garlic, Diced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill, Stems Removed
- 16 ounces Macaroni Noodles, Cooked Until Al Dente In Salted Water and Cooled under Cold Water and Drained Well
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeds Removed and Diced
- 3 stalks Celery, Diced
- 6 ounces Sliced Black Olives, Drained
- 1/3 cup Sliced Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped Fine
- 2 whole Avocados, Seeded and Chopped
- 6 slices Cooked Bacon, Chopped Fine
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- In a blender combine Greek Yogurt, Mayonnaise, Buttermilk, Garlic, Pepper, Salt, White Wine Vinegar and Worcestershire Sauce. Pulse until mixture is creamy and smooth and garlic is no longer visible.
- Add dill and pulse until dill is evenly distributed. Store dill dressing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large bowl add cooked macaroni noodles, red bell pepper, celery, olives, green onion, parsley, avocados and bacon. Drizzle dressing evenly over the top of pasta and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top of pasta in 4 parts to evenly distribute the cheese and keep the cheese from clumping. Stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate pasta salad at least 4-6 hours of overnight.