An easy salad that holds up well and is perfect for a barbecue or picnic. Kale Strawberry Blueberry Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette is bound to be a favorite.
We've been grilling a lot lately because the weathers been gorgeous and Kale Strawberry Blueberry Salad is amazing with just about anything off the grill.
We've enjoyed it multiple times in the last week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to face plant into another bowl tonight.
Kale salad is one of those salads that holds up beautifully at a barbecue or picnic since the kales hardier than lettuce and doesn't wilt as easily.
Most nights I prep the salad before Colt gets home so we can sit on the patio and read our books while he starts the charcoal.
I just finished reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer after Lorna suggested I had to read it and moved on to Scarlet.
So far I'm totally loving the series and the fact it gives me something to talk with her about.
To me it's the little things in life that make me happy..
Like a big bowl of Kale Strawberry Blueberry Salad on the patio with a book and lots of sunshine.
It couldn't get much better then that.
In a small bowl add 3 tablespoon Champagne Vinegar and drizzle in 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil while whisking to form an emulsion.
Add a generous pinch of salt, pepper and a teaspoon of honey.
Whisk until well combined.
Thinly slice 1 bunch of kale and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Massage kale to coat.
We've been having gorgeous purple kale at the store the last few weeks but any variety you have will work.
Add 2 cups sliced strawberries, 2 cups blueberries, 3/4 cup feta and 1/2 cup Pepita Pumpkin Seeds.
This salad serves 5 generously or 2 as a main course.
I'm off to go make another one of these for tonight!
I hope you love it as much as we do!
Kale Strawberry Blueberry Salad With Champagne Vinaigrette
Kale Strawberry Blueberry Salad is an easy to make, healthy salad that holds up well for picnics and barbecues.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 bunch Kale, Thinly Sliced
- 2 cups Strawberries, Sliced
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 3/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pepita Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a small bowl add champagne vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to form an emulsion. Add honey, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over kale and massage until kale is well coated.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, feta and pepita seeds.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.