Perfectly Pan Seared Steak with Hollandaise Sauce is an easy yet elegant meal to make for the one you love at home.
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's!
I knew Perfectly Pan Seared Steak would be perfect for Fathers Day Sunday Supper.
Then I saw lobster tails went on sale and new a Perfectly Pan Seared Steak smothered in Hollandaise Sauce and topped with a few slices of Lobster Tail was going to be the perfect man food to show Colt just how much we appreciate and love him!
He's really done a lot this last year to do so many of the things I've been unable to do.
He's come home after work to make dinner when my pains become unbearable and all I can think of is crawling into a ball.
He'll say don't worry about it we can handle this.
Colt's snapped almost all of my finished photos this last year including the one above, he's gained a lot of patiences with my picky ways of angles and plating.
But most of all he is and has always been an amazing Father.
He's patient and understanding.
Loving and kind.
When the kids were little he would lay next to their beds and read to them until they feel asleep, many nights after a long day at work.
I can't tell you how many times I had to wake him up slumped over on their beds.
I'm also extremely thankful for my own Father.
He's spent endless hours this last year taking his Grandkids to keep them occupied or taking me to appointments when Colt was unable too.
My Dad's always their for us no matter what time of day or night it is.
I feel blessed to have such wonderful men in my life.
This recipes for all those Dad's who make our lives special!
In a small bowl combined 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Mix until well combined.
Pour half of worcestershire sauce mixture over steaks. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, sea salt and pepper over steaks. Rub mixture into steaks well.
Flip steaks over and apply remaining worcestershire sauce mixture, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
Rub into steaks well.
Cover and place back into the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to a day.
When you are ready to cook steaks heat a heavy duty cast iron pan without any oil over high heat until hot.
Add steak and cook for 4-8 minutes per side dependent on thickness of steak and how well done you like your steak.
Colt bought about 1/3" thick rib eyes on this trip and they took about 4 minutes per side for a medium to medium rare steak.
Once steak is seared flip steak over and cook until desired doneness.
For thick steaks that are more well done turn down temperature once outside of steak is seared until desired doneness is reached.
Remove steaks to a plate and cover with tin foil.
Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes to allow the juices to absorb back into the steaks for juicy steaks.
Meanwhile to make Hollandaise Sauce in a large bowl or top of double boiler combine 4 egg yolks, 2 tablespoon water and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
Slice 1/2 cup butter into 1 1/2 tablespoon sized pieces.
Add 2 slices of butter to the egg mixture and place over a pot of boiling water.
Whisk until butter melts and eggs start to thicken.
Add an additional 2 slices of butter and whisk until butter melts.
Add remaining butter and mix until mixture is thickened and hot.
If eggs start to curdle of separate whisk in an additional 1-2 tablespoons boiling water into hollandaise sauce.
To assemble arrange steak and cover with hollandaise sauce.
If your really looking to impress the ones you love add about 6 ounces of cooked lobster tail as a special surprise.
Steamed Asparagus or Broccoli are fabulous with the hollandaise sauce and sure to be the perfect accompaniment to this meal.
Here's to all the Dads who make this world a better place!
This recipes for you!
Perfectly Pan Seared Steak
Perfectly Pan Seared Steak with Hollandaise Sauce is an easy yet elegant meal to make at home.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT1H25M
Yield: 3 Servings
- 3 whole Steaks (Boneless Rib Eyes Or New Yorkers are our favorite. About 1/2 pound to 1 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, Fresh Ground
- 4 whole Egg Yolks
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 1 stick Butter Cut Into 1 1/2 Tablespoon Sized Pieces ( 1/2 cup)
- 2 whole Lobster Tails, Cooked
- In a small bowl combine worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour 1/2 of the worcestershire mixture over one side of steaks and sprinkle half of the granulated garlic, sea salt and pepper. Rub into steaks well and flip steaks over. Repeat with remaining worcestershire sauce mixture, granulated garlic, sea salt and pepper. Rub into steaks well and refrigerate steaks for 1 hour or up to a day.
- When ready to cook preheat a heavy duty cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Do not add any oil.
- Add steak to hot pan and cook until well seared and browned about 4-8 minutes per side dependent on desired doneness and thickness of steak.
- Remove steaks to a plate and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to absorb back into the steaks.
- For the Hollandaise Sauce: Bring water to boil in the bottom of a double boiler.
- In the top of the double boiler combine egg yolks, water and lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Add 2 pieces of butter and place over the top of double boiler. Whisk until butter melts and eggs start to thicken. Add an additional 2 pieces of butter and whisk until butter is melted. Repeat with remaining butter and whisk until sauce is thickened and hot.
- If hollandaise sauce curdles or separates add an additional 1-2 tablespoons boiling water to sauce while stirring. Sauce should immediately become smooth and luxurious again.
- Serve steak with hollandaise sauce and cooked lobster tail.
Check out all these other Sunday Supper favorites for Dad!
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.