Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Grapefruit Avocado Salad With Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Avocado Grapefruit Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette is my go to salad at the moment.
I can't seem to get enough of how light and refreshing it is and the sliced almonds add the perfect crunch.
I find the sweeter pink grapefruit gives the right balance of flavor and the Grapefruit Vinaigrette is mildly sweet and tangy pairing perfectly with the tart grapefruit and creamy avocado.
When I'm looking for something a little more substantial for dinner or lunch I add cooked shrimp or salmon for a fat fighting power house plus it's quick which is always a win in my book!
I've been unable to really do any cardio in the last year and half so anything that could help kill the demonic belly bulge is a good thing in my book!
To make the Grapefruit Vinaigrette: Whisk or Shake together 1/3 cup Fresh Squeezed Pink Grapefruit Juice, 1/4 cup Canola Oil, 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Honey, 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt and 1/2 teaspoon Pepper or to taste.
Mix until well combined.
In a large bowl add 1/2 a head Torn Butter Lettuce and 1/2 a head Torn Red Leaf Lettuce.
Toss until well combined.
Toss 2 whole Sliced Avocado's with 1 tablespoon of dressing to prevent browning.
Add avocado, 2 whole Supremed Pink Grapefruit and 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds.
Add desired amount of dressing and toss until well combined.
Avocado Grapefruit Salad With Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
A light and healthy salad full of fat fighting superfoods to help melt the fat away.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1/2 head Butter Lettuce, Torn Into Bite Size Pieces
- 1/2 head Red Leaf Lettuce, Torn Into Bite Size Pieces
- 2 whole Avocado's, Pitted and Sliced
- 2 whole Sweet Pink Grapefruit, Supremed
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup Fresh Squeezed Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper Or To Taste
- For Grapefruit Vinaigrette: Whisk or shake together grapefruit juice, canola oil, white balsamic vinegar, honey, sea salt and pepper.
- Toss 1 tablespoon Grapefruit Vinaigrette with sliced avocado to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl toss together both lettuces. Add sliced avocado and grapefruit. Drizzle with desired amount of Grapefruit Vinaigrette and sprinkle with almonds.