The boys had a friend over to stay the night last week and I needed something super easy to make and that everyone would like so we decided on Hamburger Taco Soup because who doesn't love tacos and soup?
I served all the condiments on the side and left out the hot sauce so everyone could adjust their bowl of soup to their liking.
I love that Taco Soup is so easy to make and healthy too with only 319 calories per serving before you add any additional toppings.
What more could you want in a giant bowl of comfort?
In a large pot add 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Large Chopped Onion and 1 Chopped Poblano Pepper, Seeded.
Saute until onion starts to soften.
Then add 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease.
Stir in 3 Chopped Carrots, 3 Stalks Chopped Celery, 1 Seeded and Chopped Green Bell Pepper, 1 Seeded and Chopped Red Bell Pepper, 3 Cloves Minced Garlic, 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder, 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder, 1 Tablespoon Cumin, 2 teaspoons Oregano and 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika.
Add 42 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes with Juice, 6 cups Chicken Stock, 15 Ounces Drained Canned Black Beans, 15 Ounces Drained Canned Kidney Beans, 3 Cups Frozen Or Fresh Corn and 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or To Taste.
Mix until well combined and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover, cook for 30 minutes-1 hour.
Serve Hamburger Taco Soup with Corn Chips, Chopped Avocado, Shredded Cheese, Fresh Cilantro and Hot Sauce on the side so everyone can choose their toppings.
I know you'll love it as much as we do!
Hamburger Taco Soup
Hamburger Taco Soup is an easy, healthy and inexpensive dinner time favorite.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 8 Servings
Calories per serving: 319Ingredients
Fat per serving: 7
Fat per serving: 7
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 1 whole Poblano Pepper, Seeds Removed and Chopped
- 3 whole Carrots, Chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Chopped
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 42 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes and Juice
- 15 ounces Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 15 ounces Canned Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Frozen Or Fresh Corn
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or To Taste
- For Serving: Corn Chips, Diced Avocado, Shredded Cheese, Fresh Cilantro, Pickled Jalapenos and Hot Sauce
- In a large pot add olive oil, onion and poblano pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is softened.
- Add hamburger and cook until hamburger is browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in carrots, celery, green and red bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, granulated garlic, cumin, oregano, and smoked paprika. Stir until combined.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, black beans, kidney beans, corn and sea salt.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes- 1 hour.
- Serve with desired garnishes.