Quinoa Shrimp Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette is reminiscent of a favorite salad I had enjoyed eons ago while Colt and I had gone on an overnight stay.
Eating this salad is like a mental vacay perfect for beating the winter blues with it's light and bright flavors.
It's loaded with Quinoa, Spinach, Mixed Baby Greens, Mango, Pomegranate Seeds, Walnuts and Feta making it high in protein and a perfect lunch or light dinner.
The White Balsamic Vinaigrette is slightly sweet but tangy and pairs perfectly with the sweet mangoes and shrimp.
Plus with the holidays finally over we are trying to concentrate on eating healthier because we always seem to gain a few extra pounds.
What more could you want in A Lighter New Year recipe for Sunday Supper?
We are loving this new salad and I'm sure it's going to make a regular appearance on our dinner table for the weeks to come while we try to shed those post holiday pounds.
For The Creamy White Balsamic Vinaigrette: add 1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar, 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons Water, 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper and 1/2 teaspoon Honey.
Blend until mixture becomes creamy looking about 45 seconds.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons of the Creamy White Balsamic Vinaigrette and add 3/4 pound of Peeled Shrimp.
Cook until shrimp are pink on both sides and cooked through. Set aside.
To assemble salad combine 6 ounces Baby Spinach, 4 ounces Baby Salad Greens, 2 Large Diced Mangoes, 1 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds and 1 cup Walnuts.
Add 1 cup Cooked Red Quinoa.
And cooked Shrimp.
Drizzle with 1/4 cup or to taste of the Creamy White Balsamic Vinaigrette and toss until well coated.
Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Feta Cheese and toss until combined.
Light, healthy, easy to make and delicious!
Make it soon; you'll love it as much as we do!
Make sure to check out all the other fabulous #SundaySupper A Lighter New Year Recipes! You'll find links under the recipe!
Quinoa Shrimp Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
A light, healthy salad filled with Quinoa, Shrimp, Mango, Pomegranate, Spinach, Walnuts, Feta Cheese and a Creamy White Balsamic Vinaigrette.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Fresh Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 3/4 pound Shrimp, Peeled
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces Mixed Baby Salad Greens
- 2 whole Large Mangoes, Peeled and Diced
- 1 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 cup Quinoa, Cooked (I used Red Quinoa)
- 1 cup Walnuts Or Nuts Of Choice, Roughly Chopped
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese
- To Make Creamy White Balsamic Vinaigrette: In blender combined white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, water, sea salt, black pepper, and honey. Blend until smooth and creamy about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large pan add 2 tablespoons of the creamy white balsamic vinaigrette heat until hot over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, cook until pink on both sides and cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combined baby spinach, mixed baby greens, mangoes, pomegranate seeds, quinoa, walnuts, feta cheese and cooked shrimp. Drizzle with 1/4 cup Creamy White Balsamic Vinaigrette and toss until well combined.
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Shrimp Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear's Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi's Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie