Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Colt and I have been trying to decide if we will stay home this year for Valentine's Day or make reservations.
After 15 years of marriage I know how important a date night is not only on Valentine's Day but at least a few times a month.
When the kids were little we spent many Valentine's Days putting them to bed a little early and making something a little extra special for dinner.
Our kids are much older now but we still choose to have date nights in while they are gone.
Some of our most memorable dates have been at home working together in the kitchen.
Usually when we are making something for our date night we try to recreate a favorite we've had out.
This Seafood Risotto contains all the great makings to a wonderful night.
I've always found something so romantic about the creamy texture of Risotto and you can never go wrong with Seafood.
When we were choosing a wine to enjoy with our dinner we chose a Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling.
Gallo Riesling pairs beautifully with this Seafood Risotto.
It's light and refreshing with notes of honeysuckle, juicy peach, pear and ripe citrus and is the perfect accompaniment with the sweet richness of the lobster tail, shrimp and creamy Risotto.
In a medium-small sized saucepan bring 3 cups Good Quality Chicken Stock to a simmer. Leave simmering over low heat.
In another medium sized pot add 2 tablespoons Olive Oil and 1/3 cup Minced Shallot.
Saute over medium-high heat until shallot starts to caramelize.
Add 3/4 cup Arborio Rice and cook for about 45 seconds-1 minutes until coated with oil and slightly translucent.
Add 1/3 cup dry White Wine like a Gallo Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio and stir until wine has evaporated and been absorbed by the rice about 3 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of the Hot Chicken Stock and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
Rice will look like this. Repeat with an additional 1/2 cup Chicken Stock stirring until rice has absorbed most of the stock.
Repeat until about 2 cups Chicken Stock has been added.
Add an additional 1/4 cup Chicken Stock, stir well and remove to a burner without heat.
Cover until ready to finish.
In a deep saute pan with a lid add 2 tablespoons Butter and 1 Fine Sliced Shallot over medium-high heat.
Saute until shallot starts to caramelize and add 8 ounce Lobster Tail Split In Half Lengthwise meat side down.
Add 1/2 cup Dry White Wine used in the Risotto, 1/4 pound Washed Mussels and 1/4 pound Washed Clams.
Cover and allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes until clams and mussels open.
While shellfish cooks return to the risotto.
Taste Risotto for doneness and add additional Chicken Stock as needed until Risotto is al dente (tender yet firm) once desired doneness is achieved add 1 tablespoon Butter and 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese.
Stir until creamy deliciousness is reached and set aside.
Once clams and mussels have opened add 1/4 pound Large Peeled Shrimp and 1/4 pound Scallops.
Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until shrimp are pink and scallops are white.
Be careful not to overcook the shrimp and scallops or they will become tough.
Discard any unopened clams or mussels.
Serve Seafood over the Risotto. Drizzle with butter from the seafood pan and sprinkle with Fresh Chives and Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice.
I can't think of a more gorgeous dish for a special date night in.
Serve with a chilled glass of Gallo Family Wines new Riesling and a nice crusty loaf of bread.
We also enjoyed the Gallo Family Sweet Red with our dessert! It was delicious paired with chocolate and fresh berries.
Please check out all the other fabulous Sunday Supper ideas below the recipe for wonderful recipes from brunch to dessert!
Creamy Risotto for two with lobster, mussels, clams, shrimp and scallops makes a wonderful dinner for a date night in or Valentines day.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT35M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 2 Servings
For The Creamy Risotto:
- 3 cups Chicken Stock, Good Quality
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Shallot, Minced
- 3/4 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/3 cup Dry White Wine Like Chardonnay Or Pinot Grigio
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
For The Seafood:
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Shallot, Finely Sliced
- 8 ounce Lobster Tail, Cut In Half Lengthwise
- 1/4 pound Mussels, Washed
- 1/4 pound Clams, Washed
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 pound Large Shrimp, Peeled
- 1/4 pound Scallops
- For Serving: Chives and Sliced Lemon
- For Risotto: Heat chicken stock over medium heat until hot. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a medium sized pot add olive oil and shallot. Saute over medium-high heat until shallot starts to caramelize. Add arborio rice and cook for about 45 seconds- 1 minute until rice is coated and starts to become slightly translucent.
- Add white wine and stir until wine is absorbed by rice about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup at a time hot chicken stock, stirring until absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth until about 2 cups of chicken stock has been added to the rice.
- Add an additional 1/4 cup Chicken Stock, stir well and remove to a burner without heat.
- Cover well until ready to finish.
- To Make Seafood: In a large saute pan with a lid add 2 tablespoons butter and cook over medium-high heat until melted. Add shallot and cook until caramelized.
- Place lobster tail in pan meat side down. Add mussels, clams and wine.
- Cover and cook for about 3-5 minutes until clams and mussels open.
- Meanwhile return to risotto and taste for doneness. Risotto should be tender yet firm when done. Add addition stock and cook over medium heat until desired doneness is achieved. Once tender add 1 tablespoon butter and parmesan cheese. Stir until creamy. Cover and set aside.
- Return to seafood and add shrimp and scallops. Cook until shrimp are pink and scallops are white about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the shrimp and scallops will become tough.
- Divide risotto between 2 plates or shallow bowls. Add seafood divided equally. Drizzle with butter out of the seafood pan and sprinkle with chives. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyard Wines and menu pairing ideas please visit their website http://www.gallofamily.com/. For more information of store locations and purchase please click here. You can connect with The Gallo Family Of Wines on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
If your looking for more Valentine's Day ideas make sure to check out the rest of these #SundaySupper recipes.
Alluring Appetizers and Brunch:
- Burrata and Garlic Tomato Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Love Bombs by Peaceful Cooking
- Braised Lamb Ragu by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta by Casa de Crews
- Mahi Mahi with Roasted Tomatoes and Fennel by The Messy Baker
- Seafood Risotto by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon by The Foodie Army Wife
- Caramel Apple Pie Bites for Two by Feed Me, Seymour
- Chocolate Coconut Haystacks by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Coeur a la Creme by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Espresso Creme Brulee by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Red Velvet Brownies for Two by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Creamy Lemon Tart by Magnolia Days
- Mocha Fudge by Alida's Kitchen
- Polenta Cake with Honey Yogurt and Peach Preserves by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Raspberry Custard by Nosh My Way
- Raspberry Meringue Hearts by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownie by Flavor Mosaic
- Valentine's Day Cream Puffs by Ruffles & Truffles