This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
This weeks Sunday Supper theme is Potato Appetizers using Idaho® potatoes so I knew I had to share our favorite Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins.
We love Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins because they are hearty, easy to make and perfect finger food as a appetizer, for a crowd or a light dinner.
I like to lightly salt the potatoes before baking for maximum flavor and the filling options are endless.
On this occasion we stuck with a traditional Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skin because you can never go wrong with melty cheese, crispy bacon with a large dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of chives in a crispy lightly salted potato skin and if this is wrong I don't want to be right!
Another favorite filling idea is taco seasoned ground beef, cheese, sour cream, avocado and salsa.
Just for the record I've never met a potato skin I didn't like!
Drizzle 4 Palm Sized Russet Idaho® Potatoes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 teaspoon Sea Salt.
Rub oil and salt into potato skins until evenly coated.
Pierce potato skins all over with a fork and bake in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes or longer until skin is easily pierced with a fork and insides of potatoes are tender.
Allow to rest until cool enough to handle.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Slice baked potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out insides of baked potatoes leaving about 1/4"-1/2".
Fill potato skins with Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Bits.
Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Add a dollop of Sour Cream to each potato skin and sprinkle with Chopped Chives and Fresh Black Pepper.
Serve when cool enough to handle.
Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins are one of those appetizers that's perfect for any occasion and never last long!
For more amazing appetizer ideas using Idaho® potatoes make sure to check out the #SundaySupper links under the recipe and follow Idaho® potatoes Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/thesundaysupper/potato-recipes-featuring-famous-idaho-potatoes/.
Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins #SundaySupper
Easy to make Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins are a perfect appetizer, finger food or light dinner.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT1H10M
Total time: PT1H25M
Yield: 8 Potato Skins
- 4 whole Palm Sized Russet Idaho® Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Stripes Bacon, Cooked Until Crispy And Chopped Into Bacon Bits
- For Garnishing: Sour Cream, Chives and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with sea salt. Rub olive oil and sea salt into potatoes and poke all over with a fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until skin is easily pierced with fork and insides are tender.
- Allow to rest until cool enough to handle.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scrape out insides leaving about 1/4"- 1/2" of potato.
- Divide cheese and then cooked bacon bits evenly between skins.
- Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to each potato skin and sprinkle with chives and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve when cool enough to handle.
For more information on Idaho® potatoes please visit their website at: http://idahopotato.com.
You can find links to their social media sites at:
- 10 Potato Toppings by Sunday Supper Movement
- Baby Duchess Potato Bites by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Potatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potato Skins by Alida's Kitchen
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Patties with Avocado Cream by I'm Not the Nanny
- Cheesy Taco Potato Bites by Flavor Mosaic
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Honey Sriracha Fries with Crème Fraiche by Whole Food | Real Families
- Indian Spiced Potato Pastry Shells by Soni's Food
- Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms by Amee's Savory Dish
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Potato Crab Cakes by Magnolia Days
- Potato and Chorizo Bites by Family Foodie
- Purple Potato Puffs by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Smoky Paprika Potato Kebabs with Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip by Food Done Light
- Smoky Potato Pie Cups by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Potato Skewers with Paprika Dipping Sauce by Rhubarb and Honey
- Spiralized Shoestring Garlic Truffle Fries with Aioli by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Two-Bite Potato Salad Cups by Shockingly Delicious
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Window Pane Potato Chips by Grumpy's Honeybunch