Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Monday, December 28, 2015
With the end of the year just days away I thought I would share Strawberry Champagne as a fun cocktail to celebrate the passing of another year.
Strawberry Champagne is super simple to make with only 4 ingredients.
We decided to use Prosecco Sparkling Wine to make Strawberry Champagne for it's fresh fruity taste, but Pink Moscato Champagne is equally delicious, with a bit of a sweeter flavor, and leaves the color of the cocktail on the redder side.
I soaked a few strawberries in champagne to garnish the sides of the glasses.
After a few hours the strawberries not only become extra juicy, but tickle the tongue with bubbles in every bite!
I learned the champagne soaked fruit secret years ago from a friend named Karyn at a summer barbecue.
She loves her champagne, and told me the only thing better was dropping some fruit in the bottom of the glass to enjoy after a few top offs.
Just incase you need another reason to pop the bubbly there was some news back in November that enjoying 1-2 glasses of Champagne per week could help prevent alzheimer's and dementia from the phenolic compounds, they are still working on human trials but I may not mind volunteering myself for this study!
Since we are trying to be healthier in the New Year one of my resolutions might need to include enjoying a glass of bubbly each week for the sake of memory!
First I washed the strawberries well and placed them in a container just deep enough to cover them in champagne.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Of course Strawberries soaked in Champagne are a glorious enough treat to enjoy on there own.
To make the Strawberry Puree: Add 6 whole Strawberries with stem removed, Juice of 1 whole Lime, and 1-2 teaspoons Sugar or Honey (optional and will depend on how sweet strawberries are).
Puree until smooth.
Fill glasses 1/4-1/3 of the way full of strawberry puree!
Garnish side of glass with one of the strawberries soaked in champagne and top off champagne flutes with Prosecco Sparkling Wine, Pink Moscato Champagne, or your favorite Champagne.
If your looking for a cocktail with a little extra kick make sure to check out my Strawberry Grapefruit Mimosas they contain a bit of tequila for a little extra punch and are always a brunch / party time favorite!
Make sure to check out all my other favorite Cocktail and Appetizer recipes for your next party!
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Strawberry Champagne garnished with strawberries soaked in champagne makes a fun cocktail perfect for New Years Eve, Brunch, Easter, Mother's Day or any other occasion! So fun and elegant from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT4H0M
Yield: 4-6 cocktails
Calories per serving: 147Ingredients
Fat per serving: 0
Fat per serving: 0
- 6 whole Strawberries, Washed
- Champagne (For Soaking Strawberries)
- 6 whole Strawberries, Washed and Stems Removed
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sugar or Honey To Taste, Dependent On How Sweet The Strawberries are. (optional)
- 1 bottle Champagne, Cold ( I like Prosecco Or Pink Moscato Champagne)
- To Make Champagne Soaked Strawberries: Take 6 whole strawberries and place in a container just deep enough to cover. Smother strawberries with champagne, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a blender add washed and stemmed strawberries, lime juice, and sugar. Puree until smooth. (For parties mixture can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.)
- Fill champagne flutes or servings glasses 1/4 - 1/3 full with pureed strawberry mixture.
- Slice 1/2 way up the bottom of Champagne Soaked Strawberries and use to garnish edge of glass.
- Top glasses off with cold champagne and enjoy! Cheers!