I decided to make a Lemon Pudding Cheesecake for a Lemon Recipe Challenge I am doing with some of my favorite blogger friends!
We ended up with 11 Freshly Squeezed Lemon Recipes to help get your taste buds ready for spring!
When I saw the ingredient Mary had chosen I knew I couldn't wait to participate because Lemon is always a favorite of mine and reminds me of Spring and Summer!
We've had one of the wettest winters on record and I'm ready for some warm spring sunshine to enjoy a slice of Lemon Pudding Cheesecake on the patio!
I chose to make Lemon Pudding Cheesecake since my recipe for Banana Pudding Cheesecake is not only a family favorite but the all time most popular recipe on Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch!
I thought you might like the Lemon version as much as we do!
It's some seriously creamy deliciousness!
P.S. If your reading this message please send some sunshine and warmer weather!
To Make Graham Cracker Crust: In a large bowl combine 12 whole graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix until well combined.
Alternatively a baked Flaky Pie Crust works and is equally as delicious!
In a large sauce pan whisk together 1 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar and 1/2 cup Flour until well combined.
This prevents lumps as we're whisking in the liquids.
Slowly whisk in 1 3/4 cup Whole Milk until smooth and well combined.
Slowly stir in 1 cup Lemon Juice.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened.
You will be able to see lines from where you've stirred when thick enough.
It's important to stir the entire time to prevent the pudding from browning on the bottom of the pan.
Remove from heat.
Whisk together 4 whole Egg Yolks.
Stir in 1/4 cup at a time of hot Lemon Pudding Mixture into egg yolks until you've added about 1 1/2 cups Hot Pudding total.
Add yolk mixture back into Lemon Pudding, and return to a simmer over medium heat while stirring.
Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add 1 pinch Salt, 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract, and 1 tablespoon Butter.
Whisk until well combined and set aside while preparing cream cheese.
Beat 16 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese until smooth, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
Add warm Lemon Pudding Mixture to cream cheese and beat until well combined on medium-low.
Scrape sides of bowl frequently.
Fill Graham Cracker Crust with Lemon Pudding Cheesecake mixture and cover.
Refrigerate until cold or overnight.
Garnish Lemon Pudding Cheesecake with Sweetened Whipped Cream or cover with Wheep Free Meringue.
If using the Wheep Free Meringue follow directions to make and cook in Lemon Meringue Pie.
Garnish with Lemon Zest if desired.
Lemon Pudding Cheesecake is a must make dessert, and always a favorite!
Don't forget to check out all the other lusciously lemon recipe links below the recipe!
Lemon Pudding Cheesecake
Creamy Lemon Pudding Cheesecake is an easy to make treat. A creamy combination of lemon pudding and cheesecake perfect for entertaining!Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT35M
Yield: 1 Pie
- 1 2/3 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (12 Whole Crackers)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Milk (Preferably Whole)
- 1 cup Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 4 whole Egg Yolks
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- For Serving: Sweetened Whipped Cream, Wheep Free Meringue, and Lemon Zest.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar, mix until well combined. Drizzle in melted butter and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown, cool completely.
- To Make Lemon Pudding: In a large saucepan whisk together 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar and flour until well combined. Slowly stir in milk to prevent lumps, and then stir in lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened and stir lines stay in pudding mixture. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together egg yolks and add 1/4 cup at a time hot lemon pudding mixture while whisking. Add additional pudding until about 1 1/2 cups hot pudding mixture has been added.
- Add egg yolk mixture back into lemon pudding and stir until well combined. Return to a simmer and cook an additional 3-4 minutes while stirring to prevent pudding from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Add salt, vanilla and 1 tablespoon butter, stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Scrape sides of bowl frequently as needed.
- Add warm pudding mixture to cream cheese and stir until well combined.
- Pour Lemon Pudding Cheesecake mixture into graham cracker crust. Refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- Cover with whip cream or follow instructions for Wheep Free Meringue. Garnish with Lemon Zest if desired.
Check out all the other lovely lemon recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Lemon Challenge.
- Buttery Lemon Garlic Rice by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Lemon Brulee Tart by Life Currents
- Lemon Cardamom Scones by Manila Spoon
- Lemon Garlic Chicken by Savory Experiments
- Creamy Lemon Layered Pie by Who Needs A Cape?
- Lemon Panna Cotta by Culinary Ginger
- Lemon Pie Bars by Noshing With The Nolands
- Lemon Pudding Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Num's the Word
- Mini Meyer Lemon Loaves by Liv for Cake
- Zingy Lemon Chicken Wings by Lovefoodies