Tomato Cucumber and Olive Salad has been making a weekly appearance at our dinner table the last few weeks since it's so easy to make! It's one of those recipes that can be made in the morning and only gets better after a few hours marinating in the fridge, making it perfect for all those summer barbecues and picnics.
I created a red wine vinaigrette and left out feta for this recipe making it only slightly different then this Tomato Cucumber Herb Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette and used a little different ingredients then our beloved Greek Salad. At first I wasn't even going to share this recipe but sometimes different variations of favorite recipes may help accommodate a choosy eater who dislikes cheese or someone who has food sensitivities. It can also give tried and true recipe the family likes to enjoy on a regular basis just enough change that no one tires of it.
It's a simple salad worthy of only the freshest summertime tomatoes and cucumbers that is a staple in our house.
Slice 2 English Cumbers. I prefer to leave the skin on english cucumbers since the skins so tender but when I use regular cucumbers I will peel the tough skin.
Add 4-5 Ripe Tomatoes cut into wedges, 1/2 a Diced Red Onion, 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill, and 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary.
Whisk together 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar, add Salt and Pepper to taste. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and toss until well combined.
Refrigerate if time allows for flavors to mingle or serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy Tomato Cucumber and Olive Salad as much as we do. It's simple easy and delicious.
Tomato Cucumber and Olive Salad
Tomato Cucumber and Olive Salad is easy to make and the perfect use for garden fresh tomatoes. It can be made ahead or enjoyed immediately. Perfect for summertime barbecues and potlucks.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 5 whole Ripe Tomatoes, Cut Into Wedges
- 2 whole English Cucumbers, Sliced
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives Or Favorite Olives
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, Stem Removed And Chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a large bowl combined all ingredients up to extra virgin olive oil. Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to allow flavors to develop.