Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Saturday, September 24, 2016
Chili Queso Dip Recipe
I usually see Chili Queso Dip made with Velveeta cheese, so I figured I was long overdue to share this deliciousness. The real cheddar cheese takes this recipe to a whole other level. I loaded it with meat and beans making it the perfect Sunday afternoon snack/lunch/dinner/midnight snack, or whatever.
Here's the easy to make recipe:
I accidentally erased a few photos off my camera so you'll have to use your imagination.
First heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add 1 pound Ground Beef and 1/2 whole Diced Onion. Cook until hamburger is cooked through. Stir in 1 clove Minced Garlic, 1 teaspoon Chili Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon Oregano, 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic, 15.5 ounces Drained Kidney Beans, 1/2-1 whole Diced Jalapeño, and 1/3 cup Diced Pickled Jalapeños, stir until well combined.
Sprinkle with 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour and stir until flour is absorbed. Add 14.5 ounces Drained Canned Diced Tomatoes, and stir until well combined.
Slowly stir in 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock.
Stir in 3/4 cup Milk, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened.
Add 3 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese and stir until melted. Add Cholula Hot Sauce or favorite Hot Sauce to taste.
This recipe was based off of my Homemade Nacho Cheese Dip. Both are favorite game day snacks! Serve with chips or as an additional filling for burritos.
Now excuse me while I make more Chili Queso Dip, my family happened to see me writing this recipe and requested more! Luckily it's super easy to make.
Chili Queso Dip
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Chili Cheese Queso Dip from scratch made with no velveeta cheese.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2-1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded and Diced
- 1/3 cup Pickled Jalapenos, Diced
- 15.5 ounces Canned Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 14.5 ounce Canned Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Cholula Hot Sauce or Favorite Hot Sauce To Taste
- Chips For Serving
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add hamburger and onion, cook until hamburger is brown.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, jalapeno, pickled jalapeno, and kidney beans. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle flour over the top of mixture and stir until absorbed.
- Add drained tomatoes and stir until combined.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock and milk. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Serve with chips or as a topping for burritos.