Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Thursday, May 10, 2012
Quick Shrimp Tacos Recipe
My sweet husband made these last week for me and even took the photos. Why you might ask? Well, you see my darling daughter was helping rinse off the dishes after dinner and accidentally dropped a plate on my white corning ware baking dish. Oops, it's ok sweetie let Mom clean this up! You just go get ready for bed. I don't want you to cut yourself... Can you guess what happened next? No, I didn't go take a nice hot bath..Guess again.. No, I didn't curl up in bed with my cozy pajamas and read a good book..
Bingo, I sliced my right middle finger open up the side from below to above my knuckle. (Yes, I'm right handed.) This was followed by Lorna freaking out, "Mom should I call 911?" Me," no I will be ok please whatever you do don't call 911 for this!"
Then I went on to spend the next 10 minutes trying to decided if I could just wrap it up real good and be on my marry way. Nope it definitely needed stitches! My father raced home from work to make sure I went! ( Colt was at work and is a bit farther away then my dad.) I'm a bit stubborn sometimes you see. I won't go into detail because this is a cooking blog about how it looked but I went in to the walk in clinic 6 minutes before they closed and had my finger scrubbed out (the most painful thing ever) and 5 stitches put in! Now, I look like I'm giving the middle to everyone from all of the bandaging, please don't judge me if you see me! So needless to say the doctor wrote a note to my husband saying no dishes for 10-14 days. I'm really not to be cleaning either and it's really difficult to cook when you can't chop! So the kids and hubby have been helping out a lot!
Ok, now on to shrimp taco's!
Heat olive oil and onion over medium-high heat until onion starts to caramelize. Add red pepper and garlic.
Add chili powder, cumin and sea salt. Saute until fragrant about 1 minute. Add 1 ounce or shot of tequila to deglaze pan.
Add shrimp and cook until just pink.
Serve shrimp in warmed corn tortillas if desired and top with pico de gallo.
Quick Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Quick Shrimp Tacos, so easy and delicious. Recipe includes step by step photos and instructions.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Large Sweet Onion, Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 ounce Tequila Or Water (To Deglaze Pan)
- 2 pounds Shrimp, Peeled, Devained And Tails Removed
- For Serving: Corn Tortilla's (Warmed), Pico De Gallo, Avocado, Guacamole, Limes, Hot Sauce, Sour Cream
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat add oil and onion. Saute until onion starts to caramelize.
- Add garlic and red bell pepper. Stir well.
- Add all seasonings and stir. Cook until seasoning becomes fragrant about 1 minute. Add tequila or water to deglaze the pan.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink. Shrimp are done when pink.
- Serve with desired toppings.