Strawberry Blueberry Chicken Salad With Baby Greens And Orange Vinaigrette topped with Pecans and Feta Cheese. Does life get any better then this? The weather's been hot so cooking around our house has been at a minimum along with a long list of things happening, one of them being my lap top updated and now doesn't want to load. So I have been MIA but I want you all to know you are FABULOUS and I am so thankful for each and everyone of you who stop by..
Ok, now then back to the salad.. My husband loves a salad very similar to this at Panera Bread Company. It's a staple he always orders and then I order something different and then I drool over his salad and then he shares because he just loves me that much.
So go I know you have all the items in your fridge since it's summer and toss this together for dinner or lunch because it is truly a fabulous flavor combination.
Add Sliced Strawberries And Blueberries.
Add Canned Mandarin Oranges And Pecans.Toss Well.
Juice 2 Large Oranges And 1 Lime. Place in a shaker jar and add 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt and 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Shake well and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons Olive Oil to a pan over medium heat. Season each side of chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper and add the chicken to the pan. Pour 1/4 cup orange vinaigrette over the top of the chicken. Once chicken is cooked half way through (about 8 minutes) flip chicken over. The vinagrette will have condensed down and formed a lovely glaze over the chicken and at this point you might need to reduce the heat to medium low and cook another about 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Lots of feta cheese.
Toss salad with Chicken and Feta. Drizzle or toss with Orange Vinaigrette. Bon Appetite.
Strawberry Blueberry Chicken Salad With Orange Vinaigrette
Strawberry Blueberry Chicken Salad with Orange Vinaigrette. A fast easy delicious summer time favorite with step by step instructions and pictures.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT16M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 3/4 pound Mixed Baby Salad Greens, Washed And Dried
- 1 pound Strawberries, Sliced
- 12 ounces Blueberries
- 15 ounce Canned Mandarin Oranges, Drained
- 2 cups Pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Feta Cheese
For the Orange Vinaigrette:
- 2 whole Oranges, Juiced
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Chicken:
- 3 whole Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Orange Vinaigrette
- For the salad: Combined all the ingredients for the salad and toss together.
- For the Orange Vinaigrette: Combines all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well set aside.
- For the Chicken: Season chicken breasts on both sides with pepper. Heat olive oil over medium heat until hot and add chicken. Pour 1/4 cup Orange Vinaigrette over the chicken and cook for about 8 minutes or until chicken is half way done. Flip chicken over and continue to cook. Lower heat to medium low if needed. The vinaigrette should have cooked down leaving a nice glaze over the top of the chicken. Cook another 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Chop chicken into bite size cubes or stripes.
- To Assemble: Top salad with chicken. Serve salad on plates and then drizzle with orange vinaigrette.