I have a new found love for lemon vinaigrette after having a side salad at Fleetwoods On Maui. They made a fabulous butter lettuce side salad with a lemon vinaigrette. With executive chef Scott Leibfried of Hells Kitchen you know the food was divine!
So for the first meal back at the good old home stead I decided to reconstruct the lemon vinaigrette. I am now even more in love then I was the first time I tried it and it made an amazing marinade for the Salmon I will post later.
Mix lemon juice and olive oil in a shake-able container. Add water and shake well.
Press garlic into vinaigrette.
Add sea salt, pepper, thyme, and basil.
Shake well and refrigerate until ready to use.
Enjoy over the top of your favorite salad or as a marinade for fish or shrimp.
Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, About 2 Lemons Fresh Squeezed
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme, Dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil, Dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Fresh Ground
- In a shake-able container like a mason jar add lemon juice, olive oil and water. Shake well.
- Add all remaining ingredients and shake until well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use and enjoy over your favorite salad or as a marinade for fish or shrimp.
- Tip: If olive oil becomes solid in the fridge the the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes or until olive oil returns to a liquid state and then shake well.