One of the ways we enjoy hot wings around here is fried. We also love Boneless Hot Wings and I make a fabulous baked hot wing I'm sure I'll be sharing here soon too, you know to help keep the girlish figure. But right now's not about the girlish figure just some darn good wingie dingies.
More or less it's crispy crunchy fried chicken dipped into hot sauce. Need I say more? I thought I might share the recipe since we've kind of been on a football party theme lately and hot wings are a must!
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl or zip loc bag.
Add all of the chicken and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat 1 1/2 cups oil (I used olive but canola works well too) over medium heat. When oil is hot add about half of wings. DO NOT CROWD PAN. Turn when brown.
When wings are brown on both sides remove to a large bowl.
Warm hot sauce and butter over low heat when hot toss wings with enough sauce to coat.
Wings can be eaten immediately or place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing to cut heat.
Fried Hot Wings
Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT18M
Total time: PT55M
Yield: 5 servings
- 3 pounds Chicken Wing Pieces
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoke Paprika
- 1 1/2 cups Oil
- 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Butter
- In a large bowl or plastic bag mix all dry ingredients. Add wings, toss to coat and set in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan add franks hot sauce, cholula and butter. Cook over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add about half of wings (DO NOT CROWD PAN) and cook until brown about 7-8 minutes. Flip wings over and brown the other side. Cook until wings are golden brown on both sides, adjusting heat as needed to brown wings.
- Remove wings to a big bowl and toss with hot sauce.
- At this point wings can be eaten immediately or moved to a cookie sheet and kept warm in a 200 degree oven.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch to cut heat.
- Tip: If looking for hotter wings mix sauce 3/4 cup Franks and 3/4 cup Cholula with butter for sauce.