Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Baked Hot Wings
I figured this picture was long over due for an update since the original isn't very pin worthy and we make these Baked Hot Wings all the time.
You really should make them too just because they are that good!
My favorite combination of Hot Sauce for these wings is Franks and Cholula Hot Sauce it adds an amazing depth of flavor and a little extra kick!
I know you'll love these as much as we do!
As I've said it before I ❤ Hot wings! In case you've missed the other recipes I have Fried Hot Wings and Boneless Hot Wings too. There's just something about little chicken drumettes smothered in hot sauce. The best part of this recipe is it's a little bit healthier since it's baked and not fried! I also love that you don't really need to babysit these babies once there in the oven other than to occasionally brush a little juice out of the bottom of the pan over the top. I made these a bit milder for the kids but to spice things up a little bit brush a little hot sauce over the top the last 20 minutes of baking!
Mix all ingredients together.
Toss sauce with about 3 lbs of hot wings. I didn't have time to defrost so I just tossed with the sauce straight out of the freezer.
Place in a large baking pan in a 425 degree preheated oven.
Brush with the juice in the bottom of pan after 15 minutes. Repeat every 20 minutes For hotter wings brush with hot sauce 20 minutes before done. Bake a total of 1 hour 20 minutes for frozen wings and 40 minutes to an hour for fresh until the skin of the wings become crisp and are cooked through.
Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch. Enjoy!
Baked Hot Wings
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT1H20M
Total time: PT1H25M
Yield: 5 servings
- 3 pounds Chicken Wing Pieces
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce Plus Extra If You Like Hot, Hot Wings (I like half Franks and half Cholula)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combined olive oil, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, hot sauce, sea salt and butter.
- Pour over the top of chicken wing pieces and toss to coat.
- Place on a large baking pan with sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes and baste using juice in the bottom of pan. Repeat every 20 minutes.
- For HOTTER wings baste with additional hot sauce 20 minutes before wings are done.
- Bake 40 minutes to an hour for fresh wings and about 1 hour 20 minutes for frozen wings.
- Wings are done when the skin has become crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch.