My dryer broke the week of Thanksgiving, do you know what it is like to have a family of five and have to hang wet clothes in the middle of winter? I sure didn't until the dryer broke. My house had clothes hanging all over the place to dry! It was a real life experience and since my favorite home improvement store was having a sale we waited almost a week and a half for the new dryer to arrive! I can't believe I survived!
I had mountains of clothes sky high, I'm surprised the laundry hadn't eaten me!
The day the dryer arrived I needed to whip up something easy to make, that I wouldn't need to babysit. I also couldn't go to the store because the delivery guys gave me a 4 hour window to arrive and you know what that means, it could be another 2 hours past that! I had chicken breast and ketchup so Easy Crock-pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches it was! This girl had the most dreaded job to do and I didn't have much time to worry about dinner!
The kids were licking their plates and fighting for leftovers! You would think I hadn't fed them in a week!
The part they hated the most was waiting for me to get a picture so we could eat! I make the kids wait to eat until everyone has been seated on most nights. I am sure some day when they grow up we will all be sitting around the Christmas table and I'll hear remember how Mom use to never let us eat anything until she took a photo!
Combine ketchup, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, smoked paprika, sea salt, chicken stock and pepper.
Add Sriracha sauce and stir well! Sriracha... Sriracha...I just like to say the name, it sounds cool don't ya think? Or feel free to use any favorite hot sauce you have on hand!
Add about 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs for their little bath, cover and cook for a minimum of 6 hours on high or up to 10 on low.
Chicken Breast is always a staple in my freezer! The things you can do with a chicken breast! AMAZING!
Use 2 forks to pull chicken breast apart. I just did it in the crock-pot but if you feel more comfortable remove chicken to a cutting board to shred with forks and then add back to the BBQ Sauce. I promise I won't tell!
You'll need 6-8 Hamburger Buns.
And if your feeling snazzy a recipe of Tangy Cilantro Jalapeno Lime Coleslaw! Shoot forget even if you aren't feeling snazzy you better have the Tangy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw! Why you ask? Gosh can you stop asking so many questions and just do it! P.S. You'll can thank me later!
Top burger buns with Pulled Chicken, a little extra BBQ Sauce that the chicken was cooked in and Tangy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw!
Easy Crock-pot Pulled Chicken With Homemade BBQ Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-10 Hours
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Sauce Or Any Favorite Hot Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Or Thighs
- 6-8 Hamburger Buns
- 1 recipe Tangy Cilantro Jalapeno Lime Coleslaw
- Combine ketchup, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, smoked paprika, sea salt, garlic powder, pepper, sriracha or any favorite hot sauce and chicken stock in a crock-pot. Mix well and add chicken.
- Cook for a minimum of 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low.
- Use 2 forks to pull chicken apart and shred in the crock-pot.
- Serve over hamburger buns topped with BBQ Sauce from the bottom of the pan and Tangy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw!