Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT50M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 4 whole Extra Large Baked Potatoes Or 8 Regular Baked Potatoes, Rubbed With 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil and Sea Salt Before Baking
- 6 whole Slices Bacon, Diced
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 whole Onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt Or To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper Or To Taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 4 whole Scallions (Green Onions), Sliced
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt Or Sour Cream
- Scoop out white insides out of the baked potato skins. Roughly chop the white insides and set aside. Chop potato skins and set aside.
- In large stock pot brown the diced bacon over medium heat. Remove bacon and drain off the grease.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter to the brown bits at the bottom of the stock pot. Add onion and continue to cook over medium heat until onion is caramelized. Add minced garlic and flour. Stir flour until absorbed by the butter and cooked about 1-2 minutes.
- While stirring slowly add chicken stock to the flour mixture to prevent lumps bring to a simmer and turn heat to low. Add the insides of diced baked potato. Add sea salt and pepper. Cover pot and continue to cook over low heat.
- In a large saute pan add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat and cook until butter is melted. Add potato skins and fry until crisp and heated through.
- Add 1/2 of the bacon, 2 cups Cheddar cheese, 2/3 of scallions, and Greek yogurt. Stir well and continue to cook over low heat until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve soup topped with remaining bacon, cheedar cheese, scallions and crisp potato skins.