Sometimes all I want is a healthy, fast, easy, flavorful dinner. This salad fulfills all those requirements.
I used salmon, shrimp, scallops, kalamata olives and artichokes but feel free to use whatever seafood you prefer. Any firm fish will work well. I like the cold crisp romaine lettuce paired with the hot seafood over the top and drizzled with a sherry vinaigrette, for a bit of tang.
This salad was based on a fabulous salad we had at Saltys on Alki last year after a visit to Logans cardiologist when he was having heart issues... It was our celebration lunch after he finished his stress test and passed with flying colors. One year down and two to go before we head back to the cardiologist.
Three years seemed like forever but I look back and realize how fast this last year has gone.. How many things have happened good and bad.. How much my kids have grown and changed.. How this blog has grown and changed.. I want to take a moment and tell you thank you for all the love and support you all provide.
Your daily kind words and friendship mean more to me then you'll ever know..
Combine extra virgin olive oil, sherry, honey and dijion mustard. Whisk until combined.
Rinse seafood and dry well..This helps the seafood brown.
In a large saute pan add extra virgin olive oil and heat until hot over medium-high heat. Add sliced shallots and saute until caramelized.
Add salmon, sea salt and garlic powder. Cook until almost done. Add shrimp and scallops. cook until shrimp are pink and scallops are cooked on the outside.
(The pictures out of focus but I think you get the idea, no one ever said I'm perfect!)
Add 1 cup kalamata olives, 1 can drained artichoke hearts and 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar. Mix well and cook until heated through.
Serve over cold romaine lettuce with a drizzle of the sherry vinaigrette, freshly shaved parmesan, fresh cracked pepper and maybe some Easy Cheesy Garlic and Herb Breadsticks.
Hot Seafood Salad With Sherry Vinaigrette
Hot Seafood Salad With Sherry Vinaigrette. Salmon, shrimp and scallops over the top of ice cold romaine.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 5 servings
For Sherry Vinagrette:
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar, Good Quality
- 1/4 teaspoon Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
For Hot Seafood:
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Shallots, Thinly Sliced
- 1 pound Wild Salmon, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 pound Bay Scallops, Rinsed And Dried
- 1/2 pound Small Shrimp, Shelled, Deveined, Rinsed And Dried
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 14 ounce Canned Artichoke Heats In Water, Drained
- 3 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 1/2-2 Heads Cold Romaine Lettuce, Washed and Chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- For Vinaigrette: Combine olive oil, sherry, honey and dijion mustard with a whisk until emulsified.
- For Hot Seafood: Heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallots and cook until caramelized.
- Add salmon, sea salt and garlic powder. Cook until salmon is almost cooked through.
- Add scallops and shrimp. cook until shrimp are pink.
- Add olives, artichokes and drizzle with sherry vinegar. Stir until heated through.
- Toss lettuce, hot seafood and sherry vinaigrette together and plate. Alternatively you can plate each serving with romaine, hot seafood and a drizzle of sherry vinaigrette.