Who can resist a slice of pie with blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries? Not anyone who's been in our house!
I think I was lucky to get a picture before the last piece was gone. I think the rules of food blogging no one eats until the pictures been taken is ignored on a regular basis in our house.
I love all the berries that are in season right now and I couldn't think of a better treat to make than a Verry Berry Pie and a large scoop of vanilla ice cream! Colt and I enjoyed our pie on The Fourth Of July on our rooftop watching the fireworks once the kids went to bed. It's a yearly tradition.
I was lucky to have a slice left for a photo and to enjoy for breakfast with my coffee.
Combined berries, brown sugar and flour.
Mix together until flour and sugar have absorbed the berries juice. If using frozen berries allow berries to defrost.
Place berries into pie crust. I used Flaky Sour Cream Pie Crust but my Flaky Pie Crust would work just as well.
Cover the top of pie with top crust and use fingers to seal and crimp the edges.
Slice slits or use a pie bird to release steam.
Cover edge of pie with foil and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until berry filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Allow pie to cool for 2 hours before slicing.
Very Berry Pie
Very Berry Pie. Blackberry, blueberry, raspberries and strawberries in a flaky pie crust.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT60M
Total time: PT1H15M
Yield: 10 Slices
- 1 recipe Sour Cream Pie Crust Or Flaky Pie Crust
- 2 cups Blackberries Or Marionberries
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine berries, brown sugar and flour. Mix until well combine and flour is absorbed by berries.
- Line 9 inch pie plate with pie crust and fill with berries. Top with second crust. Seal and crimp edges.
- Use foil to cover the edges of pie and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 30-40 minutes until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream for Ala Mode.