An easy to make flavorful pulled pork. Slow Cooked Bourbon Peach Pulled Pork is a fix it and forget it meal!
I don't know what it is but something about juicy meat cooked long and slow in a sweet and tangy sauce piled high on a bun always calls my name.
This was one of those recipe that was running through my mind when I wanted to sleep or maybe it was really just a dream and I thought I was awake.
Then it kept popping in my head over the next few days and I knew I had to make it and oh boy am I thankful I did..
It was tasty and easy!
I've been trying to plan more crock-pot meals to help ease the dinner time burden.
Our afternoon's have been filled with a lot of appointments, leaving us in a dinner time rush with the kids back to school.
Slow Cooked Bourbon Peach Bbq Pulled Pork is a perfect fix it and forget it dinner.
I started the pork in the morning as the kids were headed off to school and by the time we came home from the chiropractor it was done and the house smelled divine.
The sweet peach sauce with a hint of bourbon and a little chipotle peppers made a perfect sauce to infuse the pork.
Sweet but tangy with a touch of heat.
A perfect end to a busy day!
Add onion, bourbon, peach puree, garlic, ketchup and apple cider vinegar. Stir well.
I'm still having a lot of neck and back problems that makes it difficult to use my camera other than on the tripod so you'll have to excuse my lack of pictures, I was just thankful I was able to make dinner!
Add salt and pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and brown sugar. Stir until well incorporated.
Add a 3-3 1/2 pound Boneless Pork shoulder (Boston Butt) and coat in bbq sauce. Cover and cook over high heat for 6 hours or low heat for 8-10 hours.
(My kids always get a kick out of it when I say Boston Butt, so very silly.)
Pork is done when it pulls apart easily. Use 2 forks and pull pork into bite size pieces.
If you're really looking for a taste bud explosion make sure to serve it with Tangy Cilantro Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw, it's our favorite side to serve on top a pulled Bbq sandwich.
Our favorite way to enjoy Slow Cooked Bourbon Peach Pulled Pork is on a lightly toasted bun topped with the Tangy Cilantro Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw.
If your lucky enough to have leftover's they make amazing Burritos filled with rice, beans and cheese.
In case your looking for another all time favorite check out Easy Crock-pot Pulled Chicken With Homemade BBQ Sauce, it is what dreams are made of.
Slow Cooked Bourbon Peach Bbq Pulled Pork Recipe
Slow Cooked Bourbon Peach Bbq Sauce Pulled Pork Recipe in a Crock Pot.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT6H0M
Total time: PT6H20M
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 pound Boneless Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt Roast
- 1/2 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (Can substitute water.)
- 4 whole Large Peaches, Seeded and Skin Removed
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 whole Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, Chopped (Add 2 for more heat.)
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce From Canned Chipotle Peppers
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Crusty Hamburger Buns and Tangy Cilantro Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw for serving.
- In a large Crock Pot add onion and bourbon or water.
- Place peaches in blender and blend until smooth. Add peach puree to onions and bourbon.
- Add minced garlic, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and brown sugar. Mix until throughly combined.
- Add pork roast and turn to coat with Peach Bbq Sauce.
- Set Crock Pot to high for 6 hours or low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Pulled pork is done when easily pulled apart with a fork.
- Use 2 forks and pull pork into bite size pieces in crock pot.
- Serve over buns and with coleslaw if desired.