This bread is sooooo good, you have to make it!
I've had my share of one too many bland, dry loaves of Orange Cranberry Bread over the years and this my friends is not any of those.
I used my sweet Grannies Banana Luncheon Loaf Recipe with a few adaptations like brown sugar, cinnamon, milk and orange juice instead of banana to produce a super moist and flavorful loaf of Orange Cranberry Bread with an Orange Glaze to push this loaf over the top.
It lasted less then 15 minutes once it was cut and the final picture was taken.
Sorry to repeat myself but it was soooo good! You have to make it!
I'm planning on making another loaf tomorrow, it's the perfect beginning or end to any day with a hot cup of coffee or tea and a wonderful balance of flavors.
Zest 2 tablespoons of Orange Zest.
I used a vegetable peeler to remove just the rind and not the white pith. Then I chopped the zest a little larger then if I would have used the grater.
I prefer ripe organic oranges since I'm using the zest to prevent any wax or pesticides from being added to our food.
Cream coconut oil and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
I used coconut oil for a healthier alternative to shortening but if coconut oil's not available feel free to use shortening instead.
Add vanilla, milk and fresh orange juice.
Add orange zest and mix until well incorporated. Scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix on low just until mixed. Scrap sides of bowl.
I used half whole wheat pastry flour and half unbleached all-purpose flour, to make the loaf a little healthier.
Add sliced cranberries and walnut if using. Mix on low or fold in berries and nuts until well combined.
Pour into a 9"x5"x3" greased loaf pan. Push batter to sides leaving center slightly hallowed.
For a streusel brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt. Mix on low until combined.
Sprinkle the top of loaf with brown sugar cinnamon crumb topping. Allow loaf to rest for a total of 20 minutes before baking for a well rounded loaf.
Bake Orange Cranberry Bread in a 350 degree F preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Allow loaf to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to finish cooling.
For the Orange Glaze combine sifted powdered sugar with orange juice. Mix until smooth and lump free.
Drizzle Orange Cranberry Bread With Orange Glaze once cool.
Wouldn't this make the perfect start to Christmas morning or maybe even a great start or snack on Black Friday? Yes, please!
Forget running to the presents I'll be running to the Orange Cranberry Bread With Orange Glaze..
Enjoy this recipe it's super duper addicting!
Orange Cranberry Bread With Orange Glaze
Moist Orange Cranberry Bread With Streusel Topping and Orange glaze.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT1H10M
Total time: PT1H30M
Yield: 1 Loaf
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil Or Shortening
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Fresh Orange Juice (Juice of about 2 large Oranges.)
- 2 tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Flour (I used 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour and 1 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Cranberries, Sliced In Half
- 1 cup Chopped Walnut Or Pecans (Optional)
For Brown Sugar Cinnamon Streusel:
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Butter, Softened
For Orange Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- Grease a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.
- Cream coconut oil and brown sugar until well creamed.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add vanilla, milk, orange juice, and orange zest. Mix until well combine.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix on low until combined. Scrap sides of bowl.
- Add cranberries and nuts if using and mix on low or fold in until well combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Push batter into the corners of the loaf pan leaving the center slightly hallowed. For a well rounded loaf allow batter to rest 20 minutes before baking.
- While batter is resting preheat oven to 350 degrees F and make crumb topping.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Combine flour, sea salt, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix until well combined. Add butter and mix until combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to finish cooling.
- To Make Orange Glaze: Slowly pour orange juice into powdered sugar while stirring until desired drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled loaf.