A favorite cookie for Christmas or anytime of year Peanut Butter Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are always a hit.
Because I have a serious love for all things peanut butter and chocolate, especially when it's a creamy truffle like chocolate.Because I may or may not have eaten way more of these then I ever should have and that led to me only having one slice plus or minus a few bites of Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake .
Because these are really easy and a twist on my favorite peanut butter blossoms without the hassle of unwrapping 55 hershey kiss's because I eat about 7 in the progress and the kids don't even like that job.
Because these are just that good, we're friends and I like to share my favorite tasty treats with my friends, so you too may or may not eat way more then you care to admit.
Because Colt moved my treadmill in the house and even if I'm slower then a snail on the thing hopefully I can counter act some of the calories from my cookie madness..
Cream softened butter, creamy peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until well combined. Scrape the sides of bowl.
Add egg vanilla baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl and add flour, mix until well combined.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
Roll in remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
Heat cream and butter over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and add vanilla, chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Remove cookies from oven..
Use the back of a metal teaspoon to make a little chocolate reservoir in the center of each cookie while hot.
Use 2 small spoons to scoop about a tablespoon of chocolate into the center of each cookie and move to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool until chocolate is set.
Oh peanut buttery goodness filled with creamy chocolate center, how I love thee...
Peanut Butter Fudge Thumbprint Cookies
Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies filled with a creamy chocolate center recipe with step by step instructions and photos.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT8M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 48 Cookies
Calories per serving: 111Ingredients
Fat per serving: 6
Fat per serving: 6
- 1/2 cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter, All Natural
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Or Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar, For Rolling Peanut Butter Balls
- Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and then roll into 1/2 cup remaining sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Use the back of a metal teaspoon to press a reservoir into the center of each cookie.
- For Creamy Chocolate Filling: Heat cream and butter over medium heat until hot. Do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until smooth and creamy.
- To Assemble: Use 2 small spoons to scoop about a tablespoon of chocolate into the center of each cookie and move to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool until chocolate is set.