This post is long over due. I've made it like a million times but never seem to snap a photo.
Homemade Pizza Sauce is so easy to make there's no reason to buy pre-made pizza sauce ever again.
A good sauce is an essential for Homemade Pizza and a staple in our house.
Not only is this sauce delicious for pizza but we love to use it to dip our fried mozzarella sticks and Homemade Easy Cheesy Garlic and Herb Breadsticks.
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until starting to caramelize.
Add garlic and cook until softened.
Add garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, stewed tomatoes, honey and 1 tablespoon tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and cook sauce for about 10 minutes.
Add everything to a blender and puree until smooth.
Use for sauce on your favorite pizza, calzones, as a dip for mini pizza poppers or Homemade Breadsticks.
Make the pizza sauce ahead of time to make Perfect French Bread Pizzas for a quick dinner.
Homemade Pizza Sauce Or Marinara
Homemade Pizza Sauce or Marinara. Simple, easy and quick, Recipe includes step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 2 cups
Calories per serving: 43Ingredients
Fat per serving: 3
Fat per serving: 3
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 whole Medium Sized Onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey or Sugar
- 14.5 ounces Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- In a medium sized saucepan heat olive oil and add onion. Cook until onion starts to caramelize.
- Add garlic and stir until garlic is softened.
- Add garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, honey, stewed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a simmer and cook sauce for 10 minutes.
- Place everything in blender and puree until smooth.