I've had a long time total obsession with blueberries.
I'm pretty sure it started sometime at a very early age, like as soon as I could eat any type of solid food I was shoving the little blue gems in my mouth.
Granny always had a few blueberry bushes growing in the back yard that I nibbled off the ripe fruit daily during the summer.
I don't know how but she always seemed to stock pile enough blueberries in the freezer to keep a winter supply of the sweet little berries available for Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce and Blueberry Muffins.
The 2 things I really liked to eat as a kid other then Puff Pancakes for breakfast.
I love the smell of the warm muffins fresh out of the oven, it always reminds me of the wonderfully, amazing woman who inspired me to cook.
These muffins are for you Granny, warm out of the oven smothered in butter just like the ones you would make for me!
Cream butter or coconut oil with brown and granulated sugar.
Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
Add vanilla because vanilla makes everything taste and smell amazing!
Dump in milk and sour cream. Mix until well incorporated.
Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (optional). Mix until well combined and scrape sides of bowl.
Add flour and mix until combined.
Add blueberries and fold in.
I usually don't eat batter but on this morning it looks particularly tempting.
Line muffins tins with liners or grease well with butter. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full with batter.
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center to muffin comes out clean.
We like them plain or with a pat of butter but if your feeling particularly naughty feel free to drizzle a little honey over your butter.
Blueberry Muffins. A perfect muffin recipe for breakfast, brunch or holiday gatherings. Always a family favorite with step by step instructions and pictures.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 18 Servings
Calories per serving: 191Ingredients
Fat per serving: 9
Fat per serving: 9
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter or Coconut Oil
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream Or Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups All-Pupose Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Blueberries Fresh Or Frozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffins tins with liners or grease well with butter.
- Cream sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add vanilla, sour cream and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon if using.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Scrape sides of bowl and stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean. If using frozen berries it may take additional time to bake.
- Serve plain or with butter and honey.